Fireworks

I follow butters into the open rocks outside. she still is upset, but she wouldn't listen to me. She runs over to the magical tree as I follow. Fernando seemed to be there with his mate, snowy. I wanted to follow butters, but I wanted to know what Fernando was doing. So I ran over to Fernando and asked "you have a mate?"He stares at me and laughs."well of course I do, I'm the leader." I look at him in confusion as I tilt my head. "are you going to have kits?" I ask. he looks at me then his mate. "I'm afraid not. Besides I can't stay here long." "How come?" I ask.
"It's always been like that, cats come and go but must move on." he stares at me with his proud face. "But the girl loves you?!" I shout at him."Listen pepper, I understand that she loves me but I must go someday." he smiles at me while I look down angry. "but you can't go! You can't! Not now?" I shout over and over. then snowy tries to calm me down. "pepper, sweetie I'll still be here. besides I know how you feel." i look at her. "really?!" She nods at me and says "my brother died when I was your age. the girl loved him dearly so I knew I had to be nice to her." I look down knowing that I realize there's many deaths here. "I understand." I feel gloomy like butters.

It's dark outside and all the cats play around. I see fireworks next door. butters and jack hold their tails together as I sit alone. I look over at mama and there laughing. I wanted to go over there but I knew she would regret me. so I looked over where snowy and Fernando were. I walk over to them and say "can you take care of me?" They smile at each other. they both nod. I cuddle I between them as we watch the fireworks. I never felt this much love before. all around I see hatred, and cats coming and going. but I guess I was wrong. I am home.