Beep beep beep beep....

Her phone starts ringing. She doesn't pay any attention to it. She keeps on thinking about what she had with her husband and how everything just broke down in pieces.

"How can you do this Sameer? After all these years, you never cared to tell me the truth? Why?" Pooja cries with heavy sobs interrupting her speech.

"I have done nothing. You are just mistaking me. I am tired of your sick misunderstandings." Sameer shouts at the peak of his voice.

"Misunderstanding? Really? Really Sameer? A misunderstanding eh? I come back home early to surprise you and I see you sleeping with some other woman on our bed and that is a misunderstanding? Yeah right!" Pooja yells back at him in frustration.

"Yeah. I don't love you anymore. I have told you earlier. You just do not give me the freedom I need. You are sick. You don't let me do anything." Sameer shouts back.

"What the fuck are you talking about? You don't even fucking know what you are talking about. You ask me to step aside from your flirting and dating life. That is freedom for you? This is a marriage Sameer. We are married. How are you even supposed to ask me to do that? I have given you a thousand chances to become a good person Sameer. I trusted you back again everytime you just came to me with an apology." Pooja yells at Sameer.

"You need not do that anymore. I am tired of your sick mentality. I have not cheated on anyone. I have my life. I want to live it the way I want to. Just go away now. I like that woman. I want to be with her. You can leave now. You are not my type." Sameer says.

"Wh....whaatt??? I am..am...no...not...yourr..type?" Pooja stammers in shock.

"Stop your drama now. Get lost." Sameer shouts and starts to leave the room.

"5 FUCKING YEARS!!!! IT TOOK YOU FIVE FUCKING YEARS TO REALISE THAT I AM NOT YOUR TYPE!!! IT TOOK YOU TWO FUCKING KIDS TO COME OUT OF MY WOMB TO MAKE YOU REALISE THAT EH???!!!" Pooja screams her lungs out at his back when he starts to leave.

He doesn't reply and he leaves the room with Pooja crying bitterly all alone.

"Where the heck are your brains at???" A man in the car ahead shouts at Ms. Khanna.
"Are you drunk?" He asks getting out of his in fury.

"I..I...am so..soo sorry." Ms. Khanna stammers trying to convince the man whose car she banged by mistake.

"Kya sorry? What the hell do you mean by sorry? I need compensation. I need my 2000 bucks." The man shouts at her without caring about the other people watching them on the road.

"Han han. One minute." Ms. Khanna takes the money out of her wallet and hands the man the 2000 bucks he asked for.
"Hmm. Kya madam aap bhi. Drive carefully." He says, satisfied with the money he got as compensation, a bit more than what was actually required.

Ms. Khanna gets back into the car and directly drives the car to the restaurant. She realises that she is dripping wet because of the rain when she was standing outside the mart, in the parking lot.

Still 30 minutes to go. For Julie Asther to come.
"What could it be? That girl is weird. I have always known that she has problems. Good that she is finally speaking to someone about it. " Ms. Khanna thinks to herself.

She looks around at the restaurant. This place, she knows is very famous in Delhi and was known to serve delicious Indian food.
She sees an old woman trying to bargain those vegatables in the street market on the other side of the road. She sees the cars passing by and the cycle rickshaws with those hard working skinny men riding them. She sees the little kids in school uniforms going back home looking all tired but sluggishly moving in a slow pace to reach home somehow and to get some rest. She sees how the world is living on its own. No one knows anyone else's pain. But each and every one has a story to tell.

"Hello Ms. Khanna." A voice startles her.
She sees a smiling Julie Asther with her arm out for a handshake.

"Hey. How are you so early?" Ms. Khanna spurts out, realising later that it was a stupid question to ask.

"Haha. I should be asking you the question. I did not want to keep you waiting but you did not seem to cooperate." Julie says with a wide smile on her face.

"And you look drained out. What's up Ms. Khanna? Are you okay? Shall we meet some other time?" Julie continues.

"Oh! No. I am completely fine. It is just that I... Nevermind. So what is it that you want to talk about?" Ms. Khanna asks with uncertainity.

"Umm. About that. Actually...I...umm..." Julie says trying to find words.

"Yeah?"
"I just wanted to meet you personally." Julie says.

"Yeah. So are we here. And?" Ms. Khanna questions with concern.

"Shall we order some food first?" Julie says trying to delay the conversation.

"Yeah, sure. Take your time." Ms. Khanna replies with a grin.

Meanwhile, Ms. Khanna orders the food and Julie just doesn't take her eyes off her teacher's face. She keeps on staring at how beautiful she is.

"The wet hair falling over her neck and those eyes. Damn, those eyes!" Julie thought to herself.

"So, how is your Mom?" Ms. Khanna asks politely.
"Yeah, she is good. Never stops with those occasional taunts and yellings. So, yeah, she is normal." Julie mocks.

Ms. Khanna giggles.

"You are not supposed to say that about your Mom."

"I can if that makes you smile." Julie flirts.

"You are so sweet." Ms. Khanna smiles innocently, not knowing clearly that someone sitting just in front of her is hitting on her.

"I really like you." Julie blurts out.

"Sorry?" Ms. Khanna questions trying to confirm what she just heard.

"I...I said...I really like you." Julie says, scared but honestly.

"Yeah, I am glad you like me. I like my students too." Ms. Khanna replies with a genuine smile.

Julie keeps mum, not sure of what to say next.

The food arrives and they stay quiet for a while finishing their starters.

"So, what is it? " Ms. Khanna asks again.
Julie stays quiet.

"You can tell me. I am like your friend." Ms. Khanna places her hand on Julie's hand, sending chills through Julie's body.

"Umm. It is just that I am different from others." Julie says nervously.

"Okay. To be honest, I don't really understand what you are trying to say." Ms. Khanna replies.

"Ms. Khanna... Umm. I think I am a lesbian. And I really like you. This was supposed to be a date for me. I am sorry." Julie says, not realising that she is already crying.

Her tears spill down on her cheeks and she doesn't know why she is crying.

Ms. Khanna tries to hide her shock.

"Oh dear. That is not a thing to be upset about. It is quite normal. I am really happy that you like me. But umm...I don't know how to put this...I am straight." Ms. Khanna says trying not to break her heart.

"Yeah, I know that. I just couldn't keep it inside of me. No one really understands that I just do not have any interest in boys. I am tired trying to fit in the standards set up by this world. I cannot do this. I have a huge crush on you. But people keep on telling me to get a boyfriend. And when I say I am not interested, they call me prude or names that hurt me." Julie says.

"Don't just listen to them. You have me now. Talk to me when you feel like. I am your best friend from now. Okay?" Ms. Khanna asks in a childlike way.

Julie lets out a small chuckle and says - "I love you so much."

Ms. Khanna's eyes widen.

"Oh..no no no no. I said it to my new best friend. Not that way." Julie giggles at her own stupidity.

Ms. Khanna smiles back at her.
"You can come to my place anytime you want. 'As a best friend.'" Ms. Khanna mocks.
•••••••••••