before winter ball ; 16

matt :

I walked into school and people looked at me, they all pointed at my arm.

This is the least I wanted to happen. "matt" Cara called and I smiled waving at her. I walked over and saw Caroline walk in front of me. "matt, who are you going with to the ball?" she asked "no one-" before I can finish I was pulled by my other arm and she walked over in front of a crowd.

"ask me" she demanded and I smiled, Caroline was the most hottest yet nicest girl in school, she was completely beautiful. Every boy loved her, she was literally talented, singing, dancing, acting, all in one.

Her telling me to ask her makes me feel so nervous, I looked her straight in the eye and she smiled a little. A crowd began forming, we heard 'she's gonna refuse' and 'this is not happening'. I saw the whole group come forward and my eyes made contact with caras. I saw isaac shaking his head, he knew this was literally a one time chance.

I saw Dylan smirking and Allison with her arms crossed. The girls were making me feel like I should refuse, while the boys make me feel 'you need to ask'. I looked at Caroline and her smile faded, I began stuttering.

She set back and began walking away, I looked at Isaac and Dylan and they began looking around in disappointment. "c-Caroline" I called and she turned around looking at me. I grabbed her hand and smiled "will you go with me to the winter ball?" I asked and she smiled.

Her head slowly nodded and everyone gasped, I kept my smile wide. Every boy was jealous, even the jocks. All except Dylan, he had his girl. Isaac was gonna be happy for me but a little jealous, I mean this is Caroline.

I felt a pair of lips hit the side of my cheek and looked at Caroline who was on the side, she walked away and they boys ran up to me. "congrats bro" Dylan said and patted my arm.

"damn I wish I was you" Isaac smiled and messed my hair up.

I chuckled and the girls walked over. "great going matt" Allison rolled her eyes, what's up with her.

I saw Maya and Cara walk up, "hey congrats matt" Cara smiled and high fived me. "congrats" Maya said and looked away. This was the most awkwardest moment we've ever had. Cara looked behind me and then at me, I didn't want to turn around to see who she was looking at.

"I'll be right back" she said and walked over. We all looked and she walked over to this boy, I heard this smack as if someone high fived someone. We looked at the girls who began jumping a little, they seemed excited.

We looked back and saw them smiling, caras smile grew wider as he hugged her. I saw her walking back and throwing up a thumbs up, the girls ran over and they asked her questions. "what's this all about" Dylan asked

"ugh Shawn asked her, talk about getting jealous" Allison groaned then smiled at Cara.

"who's Shawn?" I asked

"he has the most angelic voice, he is so so so hot, his muscles and smile makes me -jealous" Maya smirked and nudged cara.

"okay it's pretty big, he asked me"

"we're going shopping after school, you -I'm so excited!" Allison began squealing.

I looked at cara and she kept this big huge smile. "congrats I guess" the rest of the boys said and she nodded. The bell rang and we all walked into our classes.

Cara and the girls had two classes together. Me and cara had a couple. As the boys walked off I ran up to isaac "hey, why were the girls-mad or -" "we were all talking about dates and they said you were gonna ask cara, cara said she didn't want to go, well with you.