Rejection ; 4

{ I WAS LISTENING 2 YOU & I BY JOHN LEGEND SO IF YOUD LIKE YOU CAN LISTEN 2 IT }

Cara :

A party was today and the whole group decided to go, matt and I didn't agree so we left to hangout. He took me to this park near where he lived and we hung out there. We brought food and blankets, it wasn't a date because ew. He talked about this girl and asked for advice, I can't believe he likes a girl. He went off about her and never gave me time to actually talk. He sounded deeply in love with her and it got annoying at a point of time.

He was talking about how she always smiles when he looks at her and how she is very flexible.

"what's her name?" I asked and he stopped talking about her.

He stayed quiet and I asked again, he was dead silent "ma -"

"Allison her name is Allison" he sighed and I gasped.

"you like allison from the group?" I asked and he nodded "thing is she likes Dylan, she adores him" he scoffed.

"ask her out anyway" I shrugged

"have you ever felt like you've liked someone?" he asked and I shook my head.

Everyone treats me like a nobody I don't even know how it feels to be loved by friends. My family is more outgoing and I'm the shy one, no one bothers to talk to me. I've never had that person to actually feel like I'm comfortable around.

Matt lets his secrets out to anyone he meets in one day and he tells everyone everything. I on the other hand don't and I don't think I ever will, my secrets are mine only and I don't think I'll tell anyone. I saw matt looking at me and I raised an eyebrow "what?" I asked.

"I asked you a question and you stayed quiet" he said "oh what was the question?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"have you ever had a best friend at least?" he asked again and I shook my head.

"wow. That's sad" he said and furrowed my eyebrows "what is?" I asked "not having a best friend or a crush" he said and I rolled my eyes.

Was it actually bad not to have someone to talk to? "Cara what holds you back from socializing?" matt asked.

"is this like a big deal?" I asked and he nodded

"this is huge. It's like a key of living life recklessly" matt said and laid on the blanket. I shook my head "maybe you don't need friends to live recklessly. What if your friends are holding you back from living life like that? what if your friends are the reason you get left behind? It'd be possible. Friends aren't the key of living life recklessly, I am." I said and he stayed quiet, way to go cara you shut him up.

We both just sat in silence waiting for one of us to speak. "you love to prove everyone wrong don't you?" he said and I shook my head.

"why do you care about the way I live?" I asked and he shrugged.

"you're different, everyone notices that. The time you stood up for me in math I heard people say 'she talked'. I think it's interesting how a girl so smart with a great and creative mind would never talk. In detention I may have been a douche but I was surprised you stayed with us and didn't move. Its just that you're very -"

"irrelevant?" I sighed

"beautiful" he sighed

"I heard that"

"heard what?" he asked

"what you said"

"I didn't say anything" he shook his head.