Hospital sadness ; 11

Cara :

After they rushed matt into the hospital I decided to go eat. Matt's shoulder blade shattered, he hit the back of his head causing himself to knock out. He was in major danger if we didn't get him to the hospital quick.

He was gonna be okay, just he won't wake up till tomorrow they guessed. The rest of us went to the nearest Taco Bell. I ordered two crunchy tacos and a 7 up slushy. Dylan took me home and after that I stayed up worrying about matt.

My parents had gotten the news and asked if I was okay. I wasn't depressed or anything I was just worried, what if he doesn't wake up tomorrow. I laid on my pillow then suddenly got this smell, it smelled good. I sniffed again felt it fading.

The smell was some type of cologne, like the chrome. I turned to my right side getting a better smell. It was Matt's cologne, I felt relaxed. As if he was right next to me. I closed my eyes after cuddling with the pillow. I then fell asleep.

*

I woke up by a phone call and checked the time noticing it was '6:30' in the morning.

"hello?" I yawned

"hey, it's maya sorry to wake you but matt just woke up about maybe 3 minutes ago. I was wondering if you were gonna stop by." she said and I quickly got up.

"I'll be there" I said and hung up. I brushed my teeth and got into some sweats. I combed my hair and put it in a ponytail.

I put some black and white Nike running shoes and walked out with my phone and wallet. I saw my dad watching tv "drop me off at the hospital, yea?" I asked and he nodded grabbing the keys. I ran outside and to the car, he came out minutes later with pants, and a jacket.

He unlocked the car and I sat down in the passenger seat. He got in and turned on the car. He backed up and drove off. Within 15 minutes we arrived, after he parked I got out and we walked inside together.

"Matthew Espinosa?" I asked and the lady nodded

"his visiting hours just opened. Sign the list and you can make your way to 234B." she smiled.

I signed in and my dad did also. He grabbed me a visitor sticker and I put it on.

We went up the elevator and then waited till the door opened. Once it did we walked toward 234B and saw the whole group in a distance. I jogged over there and they hugged me, greeting me.

I walked toward the door and opened it then knocked, Matt's attention went from the tv to me. He smiled and gestured me to go over.

I closed the door and went by his side. His left shoulder had a ice package against it. "this hurts like hell" he groaned and I nodded "I can tell" I sighed.

I looked down at the blankets and began playing with it "hey cara, don't be down. This isn't your fault" he shook his head.

"yea, yea, I know that." I nodded not taking me eyes off the blanket.

"then what's wrong?" he asked

"it's just. I was worried all night. I couldn't really get some sleep. I was scared, terrified; that you wouldn't wake up today" I sighed.

"I'm awake. That's all that matters" he said and I looked at him, his eyes were glossy.

"how's your head?" I asked

"it's good, I can't get up till tomorrow morning" he sighed.

"I'm really sor -"

"no problem, it's not your fault I told you that." he said and I nodded. "hey," he called and lifted his hand toward my chin and gently bringing my face up to his.

"I'm okay. I've experienced worse" he shrugged and I nodded. It's really hard to see matt get hurt. Matt began watching tv, I kept thinking of school.

I inhaled loud and looked at Matt "I gotta go" I exhaled. "really?" he asked and I nodded, I smiled and and waved. He waved back and looked back at the tv, his eyes seemed so sad.

I didn't want to leave him but I felt like everything that happened was suddenly my fault. I caused him to crash into that guy, if I didn't call him, he would've moved forward. I distracted him.

I walked out and they all looked at me "you okay?" allison asked getting up and walking over to me. I nodded, no I'm not okay. He's in the hospital because of me distracting him.

I couldn't make eye contact with anyone, tears were ready to spill out. I felt allison hug me and I then felt my eyes getting glossy. Think of happy thoughts. I thought of lazier tagging, then suddenly when I saw him on the floor it turned into matt laying on the ice.

I couldn't find a way to actually forget what had happened. I looked at my dad and then back at them "I gotta go." I said and began walking away.

Sadness was building up quicker than it was supposed to. I walked with my hands in my jacket pockets. I heard phone calls, whispering, crying, doors shutting and monitors beeping. This wasn't a good place to be at, I saw a girl crying and her mom also.

The feeling was unbearable, I was ready to break down. I soon got to the lobby and walked out the door, my dad was probably still up there but there's no way I couldn't stay for even a second.

I crossed the street and walked towards my car "cara!" I heard and turned around seeing the boys a girl and two adults.

The girl walked up to me and hugged me "how are you?" she asked.

"I'm great, thanks for asking?" I said and she giggled

"I'm Kristen, Matt's big sister" she smiled.

"right I'm sorry" I smiled and hugged her again.

"how's Matt?" she asked

"he's doing good, his shoulder still hurts and his head is still on rest" I said and she nodded

"I haven't see you since the time Matt shoved a cupcake up your nose" she laughed and I smiled.

"visiting hours just opened about 30 minutes ago" I said and she nodded

"nice seeing you again" she said

"you too" I nodded and she walked away.

I walked back to the car and waited for my dad. It was freezing outside, I saw him in a distance and heard the doors unlocked. I walked inside and waited till my dad came in.

He walked in and looked at me "ready?"

"yes" I nodded and he turned the car on. He drove off and stopped by this place to get breakfast for the rest of us.

Matt :

I saw the door open softy and expected it to be cara, my eyes looked at who it was and saw kristen. "hey Matt" she smiled and walked over. I looked back on the tv and she sat near me "I ran into cara" she spoke and I looked at her.

"what?" I asked

"yea in the parking lot. She was getting ready to leave" she nodded

"she left?" I asked "yea, she seemed a little upset I'm sure she was upset seeing you in the bed" she sighed.

"she thinks everything is her fault" I scoffed and she looked at me "matt she'll be back -"

"no she won't. I know her. If she's somewhere that makes her feel upset she won't come back" I said.

"you're her best friend, she'll come back Matt stop doubting her" Kristen groaned. I wasn't in the mood to fight back, Cara was sad, her voice when she spoke read sadness. I hate the fact cara blames everything on her when it's not her fault.

"I can call cara" she said and I shook my head "let her rest" I said "she needs it".

$$
okay so I might be updating a lot on here...yay we made it to chapter 11 ! thank you so much for reading. It means a whole lot ! okay so idk what to put for the chapter name sorry...

bye loves !

¯\_(ツ)_/¯