Introduction

"Julie Asther!!" My mom couldn't have shouted in a higher pitch.

"I will be deaf one day, Mom. I am sitting right here in front of you. Why would you yell my name?" I say in an annoyed way.

"Because you probably don't know that you have a class today and you are already 15 minutes late." My mom says trying to sound cool but it was clearly a mock.

"Holy shit!!!" I swear under my breath. My Mom heard it most probably but did not say anything.

I pick up my bag and rush towards the door, brushing my hair with my fingers on my way to the metro station.

I live very close to the station, it is merely walking distance. Plus, I just have to take the train and get down in the next station. That near is my college. Maybe, that is why I am always late.

Today morning, it was the interesting television show about the cats which made me forget what the time was until you know what happened and who yelled.

"Bhaiya! Excuse me please." I say squeezing myself through the crowd. Traffic on the roads and now traffic in metro stations too. How on Earth is India expanding so fast? I wonder. Are we reproducing via budding?

"Heyyyyyy!" I see Sahna rushing towards me when I reach the platform. Sahna is my best friend and also a non-biological sister. She has beautiful long and straight hair which touch her buttocks when she leaves them open. She has a dark complexion and she is gorgeous.

"Hey." I say panting. It is so tiring to climb all those stairs to reach a fucking platform. Phew.

"Let's just sit down, please yaar." I say.

"Oh yeah, ofcourse." Sahna says looking for a seat available.
"Yeah, there!" She says finally.

We sit finally and I get some time to look at myself.

I look all the way simple.

Wearing a loose crop top with a tight pair of skinny fit jeans and sneakers to pair with. I always keep my hair open. It is not long but it is okay for me. I love the color of my hair, a shade of dark brown. They match with the color of my huge owl eyes. I look at myself in the camera of my phone and smile. A selfie.

"So, what's up dude?" Sahna asks.

"Can't you just see dude? We missed our first lecture again."

"Arey! As if that matters. I am asking about that guy you met in the mart yesterday." Sahna says in a happy tone.

"Argh! Will you just stop Sahi?! I am not even interested. He looked like an effing walrus, clapping his hands for every effing thing I said. Do people really laugh like that?" I added.

"He was hot. What is wrong with you dammit? I really want to see you with some guy. I am tired being all single with a boring single friend with no news to tell." Sahna sighed making her same old puppy faces.

"Alright! I will talk to him. But I am not fucking interested Sahi." I said.

"You will be. You just need to talk. You are 23 already. Think about what will happen if you won't get a guy till 30." Sahna exclaimed.

"You are such a drama queen, bitch!" I laughed.
"Duh!"
And she laughed too.

The next moment, our train arrived and we packed ourselves among the crowd to enter it. No place to sit as usual. The suffocation. It's like the whole universe is saying "SUFFER!"

In two minutes or so, we had to get down as our destination just presented itself.

We rush towards our college for our next lecture which was in 10 minutes.