Chapter 11 - Mr. Most Likely

Journey was sitting on the hood of her rusted, old, maroon BMW the next morning when Kara pulled into the space next to hers.

Kara smiled as she got out. "You got your wheels back, I see."

Journey slid off her car. "Yeah, thanks to David Britton."

Kara's head snapped back as she pulled her backpack out of the back seat. "David Britton?"

"Yeah." Journey slung her backpack over her shoulders. "It's been a strange few days since you've been gone. How are you feeling?"

"Better, thank God. I thought I was going to die. I lost five pounds this week because I was so sick," she answered as the girls turned toward the school. "Is that a bruise on your head?"

Journey laughed. "Yeah. Steven Drake opened a door in my face and knocked me down on Monday."

Kara stopped walking. "What?"

"Yep. It almost knocked me out," she said. "He helped me up off the ground and even stopped to apologize to me the next morning, so it was kinda worth it."

Kara laughed and did a double step to catch up with her friend. "Only you," she said, shaking her head. "What's the story with David?"

Journey looked up at her. "He's been even weirder than usual. He's given me a ride home from school every day this week. He took me out for ice cream on Monday, and yesterday, he met my mom."

Kara stopped walking again. "Seriously?"

Journey turned to face her. "I know, right? Mom is crazy about him. She didn't shut up about him at dinner last night. She thinks we're dating or something."

Kara's eyes widened. "Are you dating?"

"Hell no," she answered.

"It sounds like it to me," Kara said.

Journey rolled her eyes. "He's not interested in me like that. We're just friends."

They continued up the sidewalk. "David's hot. I don't see why you don't like him."

Journey shrugged. "He's not my type. And I'm certainly not his." She smiled up at her. "Steven's my type."

Kara rolled her eyes. "Of course, only you would give up Mr. Most Likely to Succeed for Mr. Most Likely to Go to Jail."

"I'm not giving up anybody. I'm not dating David."

Suddenly, Journey winced as Kara dug her nails into Journey's arm. "Oh my god. Can you get him to introduce me to Justin?"

Journey pried her hands away. "Geez, Kara. You don't have to draw blood."

"Will you ask him?"

"Yeah, I guess. I'm going to go the football game on Friday, so maybe you can meet him after," she suggested.

Kara skidded to a stop for a third time.

Journey spun toward her. "We're going to miss first period if you don't keep walking."

"But you're going to the football game! I've tried to get you to go for two years and suddenly, you're going. You do like David Britton!"

Journey rolled her eyes. "No, I don't. I'm just going because I kinda owe him for getting me ungrounded. He asked, so I'm going."

"He asked because he loves you."

Journey started walking away. "Shut up, Kara."

*******************

If you're enjoying the story, please vote!