18

Amber

It's Saturday. Only two days since the audition. It's also the night of my date with Louis. I really hope it goes well.

Luke hasn't been around much anymore. I've put everything in the past behind me. It's for the best really. I feel like a fresh start with Luke would be great, maybe we can start over tomorrow.

I sigh as I set down my lip balm. I'm wearing some jeans and a random shirt. It's only 7:27pm and he should be here at 7:30. After checkin myself in the mirror, I head downstairs. I see Luke watching tv and my mom at the table with papers all around her. Probably wedding panning.

"Hey Luke." I wave to him.

He looks at me and gives me a small smile.

"I was thinking we could hang out tomorrow? You know, like go get some ice cream or go walk around the mall. Make a fresh start." I tell him.

He looks at me and blushes the slightest bit. "Y-yeah. Yeah, I would like that." He breathes out.

I smile an hear the doorbell ring. "That's Louis. I'll be back in a couple of hours." I tell my mom and Luke.

I see his smile falter a bit but he quickly composes himself. "Alright have fun. But uh shouldn't you put on some shoes." He laughs, pointing to my feet.

I look down and realize I'm only wearing socks. "Oh my gosh! I'll be right back! Let Louis in please!" I shout while making my way up to my room.

I quickly grab a random pair of socks and my vans. Slipping them on and double knotting. I check myself in the mirror one last time and head down again.

"You're gonna be good to her right? Treat her like she's a princess...please." I hear, I think, Luke say.

"Of course mate. Don't worry." Louis replies.

"Because if I find her crying or hurt in any way, I swear I'll make your life a living hell."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

I decide it's time to come out. I clears throat and speak.

"Sorry Louis, I was just putting on my shoes. What were y'all talking about?"

"Uhm, just...sports?" Luke answers.

I nod my head and look to Louis.
"So, ready to go?"

He gives me a lopsided smile and takes my hand. "Of course darling."

I blush at the name and turn to Luke.
"I'll be back soon. Don't forget about tomorrow alright."

He smiles a little and nods "I would never."

I give him a hug as a silent thank you and rake Louis' hand again. "Let's go."

~~~

Luke

I sigh deeply through my nose as I watch them leave. It still hurts.

I'm grateful she's giving me a fresh start. I really need it. I'm already excited for tomorrow. I'll make it better than whatever the hell Louis does with her on their date.

It hurts seeing her hold his hand, giving him hugs.

I'll just have to sit on the sidelines for now, but soon enough she'll be in my arms. I'll call her darling.

I'll be hers and she'll be mine.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

How was this chapter?

Thank you for all the support!

It really meant a lot like you have no idea!

Everyone is so nice and it makes me so happy!!

I apologize so much for not updating often and I know I really suck.

School starts next Monday which won't help at all!!

I'm gonna be a FRESHMAN!!

I'm excited but super scared!

What year are y'all in I really want to know??

Thanks so much for reading and voting I really love it!!

Have a good day!!