ç

I woke up in a room, my eyes shot open instantly. My throat was dry. I was thirsty, thirsty from something I never craved before. Blood. I rushed to the mirror but too afraid to see what was 

"No" I gasped looking at the paleness of my skin, the indent on my neck, but most of all, the redness of my eyes. The door kicked open making me speed over to him. 

"Well, hello to you to beautiful" Niall’s Irish accent flushed over me. 

"I'm so" I looked for words 

"thirsty?" Niall laughed, I nodded just needing a drink. 

"Well I don't know if you can handle yourself out there. Like you know, you are a vampire now." He said rubbing his chin. 

"I can handle myself" I said, well more demanded. 

"Niall. Don't torment the poor thing" Liam's voice spoke swiftly. Niall smiled revelling his perfectly white teeth. He grabbed my wrist, and surprisingly it didn't hurt much at all, seeing I was probably stronger than him being a ‘newborn’. We reached the door; the door flung open revealing a fresh scent of blood. Mm that was good, 

"Control" Niall said deeply, I closed my eyes, but yet to open them, I could feel they were a darker red. I suddenly stormed off running towards the woods were I found the boys and terra I suddenly felt Niall’s presence beside me which made me run faster. We stopped harshly when I felt a deer nearby. I inhaled through my nose at the seers sent. I rushed over to the left were the deer was, I saw it standing by a tree eating grass. This is what I was going to be, a killer, a monster. 

"She's all yours" Niall smirked catching up to me. I dashed towards the deer sinking my fangs into its neck; I sucked the blood dry as her nerves started to twitch.

-Harry's POV-

It had almost been 4 hours since Cassie has become a vampire. Niall and her have been out for hours what they are doing. He is dead when he gets back. Seriously. Just then the door flung open revelling a pair of people laughing, Cassie and Niall laughing. I tensed up, 

"calm" Louis voice echoed. 

"What? I’m fine" I lie. No one needs to know my feelings for her, but Niall obviously feels the same, I tried to send a mind message to Niall. "Go upstairs, do not come down. I need to speak with harry. He is........upset" Niall claims, he’s got to be joking right? I saw her little fragile body walk up the stairs. Niall made his way over to me, great, this will be fun.

-Cassie’s POV-

I made my way up to the stairs; suddenly I felt a pair of eyes watching me? Zayn? What did he want; I walked into ‘my’ room, Once I felt no one staring at me, I reopened the door to see why haz was upset. Oh my god… I did not just call him haz? I’m getting too attached. I listened closely to their voices. Harry’s voice spoke, 

“Somethings not right about her. I can’t get through to her thoughts” harry cant what? What does he mean get through to my thoughts. 

“What if it’s something to do with her power?” Niall asks. I have a power? I thought that only existed in like movies and stuff, and I thought that about vampires to… 

“Should I try my power on her?” Zayn butted in. 

“is it safe?” Niall asked curiously. Aww he has feelings? Or he doesn’t care. I was going to find out what was happening. 

“no” I stormed down the stairs, 

“yes” zayn said walking over to me, 

“fine” I gave in, there is no way I was going to win this fight. 

“Zayn” Harry’s voice warned. Zayn just smirked and looked at me, my teeth were gritted together, I closed my eyes preparing for pain, I opened my eyes, to see Zayn’s eyes closed but just as I opened them they were yellow and staring directly at me, I was breathing slowly but my chest was moving fast, little pants were coming through my nose, I looked at harry and Niall both their mouths agape. 

“What’s happening?” I ask extremely worried. 

“A miracle” harry stated.

 Zayn’s eyes faded back to the normal colour. 

“This is what was supposed to happen” Zayn blurred, he instantly looked at harry and without hesitation his eyes shot yellow again, harry ached in pain falling to the ground, he had his whole body arched in the air. 

“STOP. ZAYN YOU EVIL BASTARD. STOP” I yelled. His eyes returned back to normal. Harry let out a loud moan. I ran over to zayn and shoved him against the wall, my arm firmly pressed up against his neck. 

“You expect everything to go perfect and everything to go your way, no that Is not how life is” my arm started getting tighter on his neck, 

“I could easily snap you right now.” My arms started to form around his neck. 

“It’s temporary, but that would be fine not having you for the day.” In a flash I used my speed to stand behind him, with my grip tightening around his neck, I could feel his breath hitching, cracking in his neck, and his breath slowing.

 I was about to snap it when I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist, 

“NO, I CAN DO THIS” I yelled, Zayn dropped to the ground holding his neck, “you got yourself a feisty one Harry” Zayn choked. Harry tensed. 

“Excuse me?” I blurt out, 

“nothing” Harry abruptly answered. I ripped out of Niall’s hold grabbing his wrist and walking upstairs. I got in and slammed the door. 

“Don’t worry, I want to kill him sometimes as well…” Niall began. 

“It’s not that, I just want to know why nothing was happening to me whilst he was trying to hurt me” I was confused. 

“I think- I think you’re a shield.” Niall states looking at the ground 

“what’s a she-shield?” I ask, 

“Where no power, will or law can hurt you” he smiles, but still looking at the ground. 

“Why-what are your powers?” I ask, I was freaking out, but why? Nothing could hurt me. 

“Mine? I can control people’s minds, but unfortunately not yours” he winks. I laugh. 

“And the others?” I ask, “Harry, he can control people’s emotions,  Liam can read minds but not control them like I do, Louis can move things with his mind and Zayn as you know has the ability to put you in…I don’t know how to explain, but you’ve seen how it happens with Terra and Harry.” He explained. I stood up instantly. 

“WHERE IS TERRA?” I yelled. 

“TELL ME” I yelled louder, just at that moment the door opened, terra immediately appeared in the door, I ran over to her hugging her. Her short, curly blonde hair was in my face, it smelt like roses, 

“and Terra, Terra can teleport” Niall finished, I laughed. 

“And what are you then?” Terra asked me. 

“I’m a ‘shield’” I said putting ‘shield’ in hand quotes. 

“That’s a good thing to be proud of you know” Niall laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks so much for reading