Chapter 12- Untrustable

ابدأ من البداية

How...?

Why...?

Why?

Why?

Why?

I sprint over to the living room and my legs go limp but I prop myself up against the wall. The sight of Phil kissing a girl and staring at her with happiness is imprinted in my mind.

Forever.

"Jamie?" I say in disbelief, not being able to keep quite.

She pushes Phil away and they both stare at me, cheeks burning red. At least Jamie's are. Phil just looks down like the horrible human being he is. He knows that Jamie's my sister. He knows.

"I-I-I-" I take in a deep breath to help calm my heartbeat, "I didn't realize that you two w-where a thing..." I trail off, the image still vividly in my head.

Jamie bites her lip and glances over at Phil before looking back over at me, "I-I'm sorry that you had to find out like this."

"Me too...but you're not the one who should be feeling guilty." I coldly say and glare at Phil.

How could he?

"What do you mean?" Jamie questions and looks between Phil and I.

"It's nothing. I just want to speak with Phil for a moment." I quietly say as tears fill my eyes.

Jamie nods and Phil slowly gets up, averting eye contact. He walks up to me and I tightly grab his wrist, dragging him outside and slamming the door shut.

"How?" I whisper, "Were you ever going to tell me? How long have you been dating her?"

Phil flinches at me tone but stands up straighter, making himself taller than usual. Taller than me, "Actually...I wasn't planning on telling you until later on but you weren't supposed to find out like this."

"Oh so I see, just one big huge secret from little ol' Danny Boy over here! The fuck up who can't contain a good friendship for shit." I hiss.

"Dan I-"

"I'm just confused as to why all of the girls that you could've had, you chose my sister. My sister Phil. My little sister and my flesh and blood. You might as well just be prancing around with me on your shoulder instead."

"Dan..."

"I'm not finished." I snap, "I've kept in all that I've felt for ages and I'm going to let them all out right now. Of course not all of them and a few are going to be lies and if you actually did care about me, it'd be easy to pick the truth out of the lies."

"Dan!" Phil shouts, snapping me out of my tempered state, "If you want to know how long I've been with Jamie, it's been for quite a while. About a week after the first day of school."

"What?" I say in disbelief, "So, what you're saying is that you kissed me and acted all buddy buddy with me while you two were a thing. You cheated on your own girlfriend with her brother?!"

"We both agreed that was a mistake and that we felt nothing."

"That's exactly right. It was a mistake. One of the biggest mistakes that I sure as hell ever made."

"You're not acting right." Phil quietly says, finally showing some emotion.

"And what do you mean by that? You know nothing about me."

"I know that Dan wouldn't be so aggressive." He whispers and stands closer to me but I step further away.

"The Dan you thought you knew was an act. This is the real Dan." I point to myself.