Chapter 5 Face reality

Kat's POV:

I woke up feeling every part of my body aching, my ribs, my thighs, my head, my feet, my ankle felt like it was trying to fall off, and my hands felt like they were on fire and being skinned at the same time. I opened my eyes and looked to the ceiling, I was in a room I'd never been to before, but it was definitely not a hospital. I was lying in a huge bed, with soft pillows and the duvet was pulled over me, only my head peaking out. I tried to sit up a bit but it hurt so much I just fell down again.

«You awake Kitten?» Louis said from the other side of the room. Oh no, I feel like I'm dyeing and he's the first person I see.

«Fuck off.» I said closing my eyes again.

«I'll be right back.» He said walking out of the room and closing the door behind him. If I weren't in extreme pain I would be out that door right now, but I don't think I can walk, and definitely not touch anything. Just like he promised Louis came back quickly and he and an elderly man came up on my side.

«Hello, my name is Dr.Lang I've been your doctor since you got hurt. Your name is Kitten I'm I right?» He asked.

«It's Kat.» I said looking angry over to Louis.

«It's Kitten.» Louis said smiling at me.

«Go away!» I yelled at him. He just smiled and then he walked out of the room.

«So are you a real doctor?» I asked turing towards Dr.Lang.

«Yes, I am.» He said, sitting down on a chair next to me.

«Well then, everything hurt.» I said looking back up at the ceiling again.

«Yeah, I figured that. Now first I changed you in to some more comfortable clothes so don't freak out about that. Lets start with your ankle, its a bad sprain but its not broken, and the three days of lying still have really helped.» He said looking over some notes.

«Three days? I've been out for three days!?» I said surprised.

«Yes, now I'm the only one whose been in here, until today when Mr.Tomlinson was allowed to look over you while I got some painkillers at the drug store.» He said smiling at me.

«Okay.» I said looking over at him.

«Yes, now your ribs have gotten a lot of bruising but nothing is broken. You got a bad blow to your head but it seems like its going to be okay. The big problem though is your hands.» He said and then he carefully lifted my hands out from the covers. They looked exactly like they felt, burned and skinned.

«Oh my God!» I said trying to move them a little, which hurt like hell.

«Don't move them to much, now this is a bit of a crisis, you got a lot of glass and gravel in them, and they have also been cut up really deep. This wouldn't be such big problem if it wasn't for the poison you've gotten in them. Now I found out which plant they were from and the plant it self is a hybrid plant, which means it's not natural. So the poison from the plant stays in wounds and it stays active for decades, which also stops the wounds from healing, and every time there is movement around and on the wound it hurts more, and there is no antidote.» He said.

«What are you saying? I've touched a plant that stops me from healing?» I asked petrified, looking over my hands.

«Yes unfortunately that is what I'm saying. Now after time you might stop being in so much pain all the time but if you touch something then it will hurt a lot.» He said looking over my hands again. I want to cry!