Chapter 14.

VICTORIA'S P.O.V.

Its been about a week since I left. And I've learnt that my dad now works as a pharmacist at a pharmacy down the road from here, I've learnt that he too, loves red velvet cupcakes, and has a dying passion for Harry Potter movies. He has a girlfriend named Martha, who I will be meeting today, and also, he has a dog named Phil, a German Shepherd. They'd been at Martha's parents house for the week.

I was secretly a teeny bit more excited to meet Phil, because I mean...dogs.

"Want more eggs on your toast?" My dad asked.

"Yes please." I smiled, as he dumped more of his divine scrambled eggs onto my perfectly toasted bread. Did I mention he could cook like a boss, too?

"So, when is Martha getting here?" I asked. He chuckled.

"For the hundredth time, soon?"

I put my hands up in defense.

"Sorry, I'm just excited." I giggled.

"How long have you two been a thing, anyway?" I asked, sipping on my milk.

"Around....seven years." He said coolly.

I choked on my milk, sending flying milk droplets to land on my fathers face, leaving him to wipe up the white liquid.

"Oops..." I said, laughing.

"Seven years?! Damn, son! Why aren't you guys married yet?!" He shrugged.

"Meh." Was his reply. I know where I get that from now.

"Hmph." I shrugged at him and resumed my amazing eating abilities.

Just then, the door opened.

"I'm home!" I heard Martha sing, Phil's paws tapping against the wood flooring as he ran inside.

Phil immediately jumped on me, causing me to fall on my butt, as he slobified my body successfully.

I laughed, trying to get up. Martha scolded him and his ears went back.

"Philly! Have we taught you nothing?!" She said. Her eyes drifted to me and she smiled brightly.

"And you must be Victoria. Oh, you're gorgeous!" She helped me get up, and I held out a hand to shake.
"Oh, not in this house!" She gushed, hugging me tightly. I laughed warmly.
"Nice to meet you, Martha."

"Likewise." She smiled, he face red with warmth. She was beautiful too. She didn't look a day over 40. Her blonde hair was tied back in a smart ponytail, she had almost no makeup on, but looked fresh and rosy. I liked her.

Phil barked at me, signalling to him ball he had brought.

"How old is he?" I said, bending down and praising him. He was huge. I could've ridden him like a horse. I was surprised he was allowed in the apartment.

"Around 9 months." I think my jaw must've hit the floor. They laughed at my expression.

"He's huge!"

"Yup. And it's time for his walk." My dad said in a puppy voice, getting to his leash.

"I can take him!" I said quickly. He laughed and nodded.

"Just don't let him walk you. He has a habit of that."

"I can handle it." I said, kissing my imaginary 'guns'.

----

"Phil! Stop! Slow down goddammit!"

He was walking me.