Chapter 8.

TYSON'S P.O.V.

As my eyes set upon them kissing, I felt like every ounce of me was being crushed over. And over. And over again.

Victoria looked at me in shock, while Avan smirked at me. I cleared my throat and gave them a small smile, making my way to the kitchen for a drink.

"Whats wrong?" I heard Jaclyn ask.

"Nothing." I took a swig of my beer. I'm not sure what compelled me to do it, but next thing I knew, I was grabbing Jaclyn's face in my hands, kissing her deeply. She was welcome to it, and she made that clear when she tried shoving her tongue down my throat. Her kiss was so much different than Victoria's. This one was rough, needy. It also felt like she was a vacuum. Not kidding, I felt my lips turning into slush. I pulled away.

"Wanna go upstairs?" She suggested. I was about to decline, before Avan walked in.

"Having fun, you two?" He asked.

"Oh, definitely." She smirked at me, playing with my hair. I tried to hide the look of utter cringe on my face.

"Oh and Tyson, so glad you're moving on. I know Victoria is, and she'd like you to as well. You know, so it's less awkward and all." He winked. It took every ounce of my humanity to stop my hand from connecting with his pretty face.

I gave him a sarcastic smile.

"You know what, Jaclyn? Let's go upstairs." I said, for all the wrong reasons.

VICTORIA'S P.O.V.

"Was he okay?" I asked Avan, after he'd come back with out drinks.

"Oh, he's more than okay." He said, motioning to the staircase, which Tyson and Jaclyn were climbing up, hand in hand. I shrugged off the hurt, and smiled.

"Good." I said, before giving him a small peck.

"Hey...I have something with me, for us." His hand came out of his pocket, revealing two joints. My eyes widened.

"Avan-"

"I've never tried it before...I just wanted my first time to, you know, be with some one I cared about." He smiled warmly. I looked from him, to the herbs, and then upstairs, where Tyson had exited to.

"Maybe later." I smiled. He sighed in defeat.

"Hey, I didn't say no." I said, cheering him up.

"Let's dance."

The party was in full swing now. The furniture had been pushed to the side and the living room was now a full on dance floor.

We took our place on it and began moving to the beat.

Tyson soon emerged from the shadows and my eyes followed him. A look of utter regret spread across his face. I then saw his take three shots in one quick move. Something was wrong.

"I'm gonna go get a drink." I told Avan

"Want me to come?" I shook my head no.

"Nah it's okay, I'm gonna head to the bathroom too." He nodded and I walked towards the kitchen, where Tyson was.

"Hey."

TYSON'S P.O.V.

Her voice broke through the migraine I was having. My heartbeat quickened. I spun around to meet her concerned eyes staring at me. She looked beautiful. Sexy.

"Did Cheyenne pick that out?" I said, gesturing to her outfit. She suddenly became visibly self conscious.

"Um...yeah."

"You look great." I gave her a reassuring smile and she seemed a bit more at ease.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I looked at my hands.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know...I mean, I know this may be awkward and all-"

"What is? You and Avan?" Stop it Tyson. You're blowing this.

"Um..well yeah. The whole thing. Me being here with Avan, you with Jaclyn. I just wanted to say-"

"Save it, Victoria. I've moved on," no you haven't, "you've obviously moved on. Let's just keep our distance and get on with our lives."

"Why are you being like this?" She said, eyebrows furrowed.

"Being like what? A dick?"

"Yes!"

"Well maybe you're being the bigger dick, by trying this whole reconcile bullshit, and leading me on!"

"What are you talking about?!"

"Just stay the fuck away from me, okay? You get on with your life, I get on with mine." She scoffed.

"Fine by me." She said before grabbing two beers and turning to leave. Without turning back, she flipped me off and continued on her way.

Why did I do that?

VICTORIA'S P.O.V.

I couldn't believe him. Maybe things had changed between us to the point of no return. He hated me. He really did. And I deserved it.

Blinking away my tears, I reached Avan.

"I could use that joint right about now." He looked at me and smirked.

"Coming right up."