Any Questions Ms. Williams?

Start from the beginning

Wendy blinked in bewilderment. "I'm just asking," I replied with my sweetest tone. She rubbed her chin and told the camera man to cut. "I can't," he whispered, "we're live." I smiled. "Ran out of questions?" I asked. Wendy glared at me. "How about I ask you question?" I leaned over to where we were just inches apart. I could smell the fear on her and see it in her eyes. 

"Did you honestly think you were going to dominate this? You're in my territory. Welcome to my world." Wendy's bottom lip trembled. She shot up and stormed off. I watched as the camera was turned off and the man followed. I yanked the mike off and threw it on the ground. "Dana!" I called. She was at my side in seconds. "Escort Ms. Williams to her car and tell her to write something more informational." 

Beyonce gaped at me as I walked into the house. She was bouncing the twins on her hips. "What happened? I saw Wendy storm off and slam every door she went past." I smiled. "Daddy took care of it," I whispered. Bey's eyes widened as I took my jacket off and wakled to my room. Bey was shocked. I didn't see why though. I shrugged as I wiped off the make up Karen put on my face. I threw myself onto my bed. "Ugh, leave me alone," I announced to the empty bedroom. 

Beyonce's POV

Michael's harsh and acidic words to Wendy were played over and over on ever talk show. Ellen Degeneres hooted. "I would hate to be Wendy!" The look on Wendy's face on the tape was kind of heart breaking. Michael's jaw was clenched like it was when he first heard about it. I sighed and rocked Prince in my arms. Princess was sitting up next to me playing with her toes. I sighed louder and rubbed Prince's forehead. "I hope you don't have to go through what we're going through now." 

Prince looked at me and put his hand on my face. I smiled and hugged him. Princess looked at us like she was out of the group. I smiled and pulled her into me. I hadn't seen Michael in over two hours. I frowned. "Let's go find Daddy," I whispered. I picked them up and walked up the stairs to our bedroom. "Michael?" 

"Hmm??" 

I opened the door with my foot and saw Michael laying in the bed with a t-shirt on. "You took a nap?" I asked. He nodded and rested his head on the pillow. "Hey babies," Michael whispered to the kids. I grinned and handed Prince to him. "Hey boy." I smiled as I crawled Princess. She was busy looking at the necklace around my neck. 

Michael looked at me. "Was I too harsh?" Michael whispered. I chewed my bottom lip. "I'm not going to say Michael," I cautiously answered. Michael nodded as he kissed Prince's forehead. "I had to defend us. I just want privacy. Is that too much to ask for?" I nodded. "You the tabloids do not care." Michael sighed and nodded. It was true. Michael and I haven't had an ounce of privacy since we gave birth. 

"Well, we could always just stop," I whispered. Michael looked at me in confusion. "What do mean 'stop'?" I sighed. "Leave the spotlight. Not do anything for a while." Michael's eyes widened. "You know how I feel about performing Beyonce. I have no idea why you would say that." I sighed and craddled Princess towards my chest. 

Later on...

I placed the twins to sleep and walked to the bedroom. Michael was still in the bed after the interview. I slipped into the bed with him. He sighed and rubbed his eyes. They were droopy and red from the sleepless nights. I hugged him in silence. Michael chuckled sadly and kissed my hand. "I'm gonna make you my wife," he whispered. I looked into his eyes and barely smiled. 

"You do really want me though?" 

Michael frowned. "Why would you say that?" He whispered in shock. I thought about what each of our fathers said about us. "My dad called you a freak. Your dad called me a distraction..." Michael cupped my face in his hands. "Don't listen to them Bey. I want you, dammit, I need you. You don't understand how much I love waking up to see you every morning. I don't care if you're on your period, you're gassy, you're in a bad mood; I still love you! Are you going to leave me??"