<6> Red hot night

After I helped Jen out of the bar I didn't know where to go from there. I actually didn't want to leave, but I knew I had to get Jen out of there.

"So where are you gonna sleep?" I ask her as we head to her truck.

"I sleep in the truck, but what about you?" She asks as the slur starts to get worse.

"Don't worry I have a place. I'll just have to get my bags." I tell her as we continue our way to the big rig.

She mumbles words that don't make sense since her slur is so bad. Okay I just need to get my stuff and wait for James. Oh James, some how I feel like his name doesn't truly fit.

We reach the truck and I get her key's to unlock it. I help her up and see an area with a small bed right behind the front seat. "Okay, Jen. Sleep well." I tell her as she passes out on it. I'm glad I met her.

I grab my bags and leave her a note. Telling her that I found a place to stay and I wish her well on her troubles. Well this is it, the beginning to my new life.

I hold onto my duffel bag hard as I head back to the bar. There isn't much cars on the road tonight but I see a party of what looked like college kids walk into the bar. I lean on the side wondering if I should go back in again. I told him to meet me out here after his work, but that might take a lot of time and it's already dark.

I take a deep breath before making a decision. What the hell. I walk back in and see about three groups of college kids. I feel awkward as I sit alone on a booth putting my stuff on the bench next to me.

"Hello Red?" One of the college guys comes up to my table. "So why are you so alone?" He asks taking the seat across from me. Hm, what should I do. I just look at my unwanted guest. 'Let's have some fun.' My wolf says mischievous.

"I'm not." I say simply. First mess with his head.

"Because I'm here?" He says with a cocky grin.

"No, you see I'm never alone. The voice in my head is always with me." I says with a crazy smile.

"You know you're funny." He smiles. My face drops into a scowl.

"Any problems?" James comes up and glares at the guy.

"Nope, just talking to this lovely lady." The guy says giving me a wink.

"Well you see this lovely lady is taken." I could tell James was holding back a growl.

"Oh." He looks between us. "Than why didn't you say anything about it?" He asks playing in dangerous territory.

"Well I guess my attitude didn't hint that I want you to fùck off." I snap at him.

"Their it is. The fiery red head you are." He chuckles.

"Go back to your friends before you get hurt." James snarled at him.

The guy got up holding his hands up in surrender. "Alright, you don't have to bite my head off." He chuckles before going back to his buddies.

"Sorry, I guess I'm just over protective." My mate says happily.

I stand up so we are face to face. "Well I'm glad you are." In that moment I couldn't help it. I need him.

Our lips connected passionately as if I couldn't get enough of him. He kissed me with want, no need. His tongue slips into my mouth with easy making me moan.

"Ah hem." A very annoyed female says standing beside us. We break our connection to start at the dark brunette Latino manager. Oh great, I got him in trouble.

"Mare, I can explain this." He says nervously.

"Oh really? And what about threatening a customer?" Her voice wasn't loud but you could tell she was angry.

"That's my fault. That guy wouldn't stop bothering me, so he stepped in. And well after he saved me I kinda kissed him." I blush awkwardly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make any trouble." I say hoping she won't punish James.

"One more chance Blue." She says to him sternly before walking away. Blue?

I look at him with my browser raised. "Blue?" I ask.

"That's my first name. I go by my middle name at work." He blushes awkwardly. "Thanks for saving my butt." He smiles at me with care.

"No problem, it's what we do right?" I smile at him.

"So stay here and we can talk afterwards. What do you want to drink?" He asks.

"Just a coke, no alcohol." I say shaking my head. I don't want that mishap again.

"Alright, I'll get it to you right away." He says heading to somewhere unknown. I sit back down in the booth so I can wait. Watching my mate all night was fun and interesting. He's so good at his job. And he's one heck of a kisser.

*A/N*

Hey, so I'm starting to establish their relationship, which is super fun. I guess that's always the fun part about having awesome characters.

This chapter title was just random and out of finding something that fit this chapter. Yeah, while doing that I got awesome names for future chapters.

Please comment, I want to hear from all of you. I want to know what is on your mind when you read this story, and if you have any questions I can answer. I'm totally up for anything.

And don't forget to vote if you like this story.