<3> Red Rum (read the title backwards)

After Jen locked up the big rig we head to some bar called 'Mauveine'. Though I do have to say that's an interesting name.

"So what's your drink Red?" Jen asks as we walk in. The decor made it look like an old pub with black wood, purple fabric booths, dark purple tables and chairs. I notice a stage with a purple curtain over it as if they don't use it.

"Coke." I tell her with a blush. I'm 18 I don't drink.

"Alright take a seat and I'll get our drinks." She says with a smile. I notice she is wearing dark blue jeans and black cowgirl boots. I do have to admit her outfit works very well together.

I take a seat at one of the empty booths. I see a few people at the bar and a couple at tables. But not much people, mostly older men who just want to get a drink without their wives nagging at them.

"Hello." A chipper waitresses comes up to me. Her hair is in pigtails, her right half is light pink and her left half is light blue. Her hair reminds me of cotton candy. "My name is Candy." How perfect. "What can I get you?" She asks.

"Um, do you have food like chips?" I ask nervously.

"Of course here is our food menu." She hands my a one sided menu. It's a bar, what was I expecting. "I'll give you time to decide." She tells me before leaving. I have a craving for cotton candy now.

I look down the menu checking out the choices.

_____________________
| Menu |
| Nachos............$10 |
| Buffalo wings....$12 |
| Fries................$9 |
| Onion rings.......$10 |
| |

Bar prices serious suck. I sigh since all the rest is drinks so I put the menu down. Jen sits down across from me with our drinks. "Have you seen that bartender, he's one handsome feller." She looks over to the guy with the green hair that is in a faux hawk. "Now isn't he just a cute thang." Her country accent really comes out when she says certain words.

"Yeah, he's not bad looking." I shrug as I use my straw to stir my drink.

"Girl are you blind, that is one sexy bit of man meat. You should flirt with him." She says acting like a teen girl in high school. I already had a friend who tried to set me up with every guy, I think I'm good.

"Yeah, that's not my kind of thing." I blush awkwardly.

"Oh come on you run away to live, so why not try to live it up right now?" She says taking a sip of her drink. I didn't realize her glass was already half empty. It usually takes a while for the alcohol to reach your system even for werewolves alcohol can have the same effect, but it just has to be more of it.

"So what did you get?" I ask as I take my first sip through the straw. I take my mouth off it immediately. What the hell is that, because that's not coke.

"Long island ice tea, and something wrong with your drink?" Jen asks concerned.

"That's not coke." I say looking at the drink as if it were the devil.

"I'm pretty sure it is. It's rum and coke. Isn't that what you want?" She asks confused.

I put my forehead on the table and groan. Oh great, I finally drink alcohol and it was terrible. I was right to wait instead of listen to my stupid friends.

"Are you okay sweetie?" I could hear the worry in her voice.

I bring my head up so I'm sitting up straight. "I have to tell you something." I say quietly so no one can hear.

"Yeah?" She nods and waits patiently for me to tell her.

"I'm only 18." I whisper to her and her mouth drops.

"What? No way." She keeps her tone hushed.

"Yeah, so when I said coke I meant a normal Coke a Cola." I tell her with an awkward blush.

She blushes with embarrassment. "You act so much older than you are sweetie. I'm sorry. I'll drink that and get you a normal Coke." She smiles. Like I said before, she's like an awesome lesbian aunt.

I hear the door open and a scent comes in. 'It can't be.' My wolf suddenly appears from her beauty sleep. Before I left we fought and we haven't talked since. I knew, it's another wolf.

*A/N*

Oooh, who could it be? And yes, I know I'm bad a naming characters. But Candy just fit her personality and hair. And the bartender, he's a key character to my story as well. You'll meet him in the next chapters.

The title is from The Shining when the kid Danny says redrum and if you read it backwards it spells out murder. So I thought it fit and well there you have it.

Pleas comment and tell me what you think, what you liked, what you didn't like, what you hope is to happen, if you have any questions and just anything.

And don't forget to vote. Because every vote counts.