He pulled off, heading back home. "Don't be tryna pull no money out when you wit me. I told you I got chu."

He looked at me seriously for a brief moment before focusing back on the road.

I glanced up at him, taking in all of his features. Suddenly, I realized I was smiling to myself and dug back into the bag, grabbing another fry.

KHARI

"Hell naw, you tryna play a nigga. You ate half my fries in the car and gon still grab the full box fa yoself."

"What are you talking about?" She stuffed more fries into her mouth, laughing.

I shook my head and finished up eating, watching something on TV with Lyric. I was still thinking about that nigga Callie, and as much as I wanted to go fuck him up, she wouldn't let me.

After a while, I got up, going into my room and cutting the light on. As soon as I got out the shower and put on a pair of basketball shorts, I began rolling up 2 blunts. I laid back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling and smoked both of them.

I heard a slight knock and my door creaked open. I moved my arm from my eyes and peeked up, seeing it was Lyric.

"What you doing?" She came inside and sat at the end of the bed.

"Shit. I was just chillin. Why? You good?"

"Yessss, I'm good, are you good?"

"Of course."

She laid down beside me, both of us laying on our back.

Everything was silent.

"I just been thinking.. I think that I should call my mom." She looked over at me.

I kept my eyes on the ceiling fan. "You should."

"I just.. Don't know what to say.. Help meee." She grabbed my hand, turning to the side and sticking her bottom lip out.

"You ugly as hell."

She smacked her teeth and rolled her eyes. "Really?"

I started laughing, "Nah fareal though.. Just ask her how she doin. Tell her everything that been goin on. The good and the bad. Tell her you miss her and shit. And that you sorry. Cause das yo momma and you only got one."

She started playing with my fingers.".... Khari?"

"Wassup?"

"You never talk about yours."

I started rubbing my chin. "She gone."

She sat up, "What you mean she gone?"

"She dead."

Everything got silent again.

"I'm sorry" she whispered.

"Shit happens." My mother had died when I was 16, leaving me to live with Joshua's mom, my aunt because my dad was still in jail. It was a hit and run accident. You could say we were on our own because Joshua's mom was a drug addict and his father was a drug dealer.

After my dad got locked up we spoke here and there, but it wasn't the same because he found out what I was doing with Santana. I knew he was disappointed in me, and when I got sent away to prison that was the end of our so called relationship. It messed my head up a little bit, but him being who he used to be and doing what he used to do, he was never around anyway. I've always been on my own.

She took my face in her hand and turned it to face her, rubbing the side of if with her thumb.

"You in love with me already or somethin?" I grinned.

"Really Khari? Goodnight." She threw a middle finger up and headed towards the door.

"Night. Make sure you close my door all the way."

She closed it and then opened it back up a little bit, leaving a small crack.

"Petty ass!" I yelled shutting the door all the way.

LYRIC

Leaving out of Khari's bedroom, I went into the guest room which became my room for the time being. I thought about everything that had happened with Callie and how thankful I was to get out of the situation. Things are not always meant to be and God makes no mistakes. I should've trusted myself and not have kept going back to him. It was all my fault, I only had myself to blame.

I laid on the bed as tears silently rolled down my cheeks as I remembered how scared I was that night. I wish I had my grandfather to lean on, he always knew exactly what to say and how to say it. I missed him so much. But that void was slowly becoming filled with the person I was becoming connected to. Khari.
------------------------------------------

Didn't go through this so excuse the mistakes. Also, message me on things you guys want to happen in the book.