Hanging out

I paced back and forth, glancing at the clock every 5 seconds thinking it would change. Ikuto had texted me and told me he'd be here at 4:30 for our date.

I mean it's not date!! It's really just an outing.... We're just hanging out that's all. Finally I hear the door ding and I rush downstairs.

"I GOT IT!!!" I shout as I near the end of the stairs I slip and fall down. My butt landed on the stair and I cried out in pain. "Dammit!" I cursed under my breath.

My mom came over and smiled as she tried holding back a laugh. I glared at her. "What's the rush?" She teased. I stood up and winced in pain.

Ami came flying down the stairs and slipped and fell just like me. I laughed and ran over to the door so I could beat her. I opened the door to see Ikuto.

My heart was pounding and I smiled. "Hi!" I exclaimed way to excitedly. He raised an eye brow at me and smirked a little. "Excited?" He teased. I blushed and suddenly I could hear Ami running to the door.

My eyes widened and I pushed Ikuto. "Let's go!!" I tried to urge him away but it was too late. She plowed into my legs making me fall backwards onto my butt AGAIN!!!

I cried out in pain again and glared at her as she hugged Ikuto's legs. My mother stood behind me and laughed. "Hello, sorry for Ami." She apologized.

I stood up and rubbed my butt, scowling at Ami. "I think I bruised my butt..." I muttered. "Well if you hadn't run down the stairs you wouldn't have fallen." My mother advised.

I pointed an accusing finger at Ami. "It was her fault. She would of tackled Ikuto if I hadn't gotten here first!!" I defended. I then blushed realizing what I had said.

My mom smiled at me and then called for Ami. "Ami let go of the boy so him and your sister can go on their date before daddy gets home." She said. I blushed. "It's not a date!!" I denied.

Ami reluctantly let go and pouted. "I want to go too!!" She cried. I stuck my tongue out at her. She can't go! It's just me and
Ikuto! "Ami!" Mom warned her and she huffed, running up to her room.

Mom then looked at me and I knew I would have to make up with her later. I sighed and then turned to Ikuto. "I'll be ready in a second I have to go grab some shoes." I dashed off to my room.

Once in my room I contemplated on what shoes to wear. I finally settled on some shoes that you could easily slip on. Sort of like loafers. I came back down and Ikuto immediately looked over at me.

I looked at my mom and sighed. "We'll be back in a couple of hours!" I say. She nodded. "Do you have your pepper spray?" She asked. I sighed. "Yes." "Cell phone?" "Yes!" "A cond-" I stopped her.

"MOM!!!" I screeched. "We're going out as friends! Nothing else!" I glared at her. She sighed and opened the door for us. "I know it's just... This is the first time since then..." I rolled my eyes. "I'll be fine!" I reassure her.

She sighs and then we leave. "Sorry about my mom... She's kind of scared ever since my incident." I say. I hope I didn't give him hints as to what really happened. "Why did you lie to me yesterday?" He asked.

I looked up at him nervously. "W-what do you mean?" I asked. He sighed. "You said when you were little boys chased after you and one got to out of hand so you came up with a disguise to protect yourself but that's not all that happened, is it?"

My stomach dropped. Shit shit shit!!! "S-so you figured that out huh?" I scratched the back of my head. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen!! We got to the park and sat down on the bench.

"So will you please tell me what else happened?" He asked. I sighed and hugged my knees. "Ok..." I took a deep breath before continuing.

"It was a day like this one, I was walking home from school and noticed a strange can following me. I was only 6 at the time so I didn't know any better." Tears pooled up in my eyes.

"Once I got home I noticed that nobody else was home, my mom and dad had left to the hospital for a check up on my dads broken leg. I went about my normal activities until-" I gulped as the tears spilled over.

I hid my face in my knees and began crying. Ikuto immediately hugged me. Which made me feel better. I started to talk again.

"Until I heard a knock, assuming it was my parents I opened the door and-" I broke out into sobs. Ikuto put my head on his shoulders. "It's okay, you don't have to continue if you don't want to, I think I know what happens."

I shook my head and took a deep breath which didn't seem to help. "A man... With a black mask... C-came in a-and... *sob* t-tackled me!" I took a shake breath but continued.

I need to tell Ikuto. I need to tell someone, someone I can trust. "I-I didn't know what to do and *sob sob* so I j-just screamed and kicked him until finally I was able to call the c-cops-"

Another shakey breath and a round of sobs before I continued. "He beaten me so bad I was in intensive care for 5 months before I was put into a normal room." My crying was slowing down now.

"I was scared both mentally and physically." I lifted my shirt to show my knife scares on my stomach. I wiped my eyes and huffed out a shaky breath. Suddenly I hiccuped.

I cried so hard I have myself the hiccups! I hiccuped again and leaned against Ikuto. "Ho- *hiccup* w'd you kno- *hiccup* w?" I ask. He smiled and puts his arm around my shoulders.

"I just felt like you hadn't told me everything. I mean one boy going crazy over you doesn't make sense when you get bullied by Saaya all the time." He notes.

I nod in understanding and hiccup again. I blush and cover my mouth. He laughs and stands up. "I'll go get some ice cream to make up from making ou tell me your story." He said.

I smiled and nodded. "Th- *hiccup* anks!" I blushed more as he smirked and left. I swung my legs and thought about how nice Ikuto really is. I wonder why he hangs out with me? Does he really like me?

I blushed. "Thinking about Tsukiyomi?" An all to dreaded voice spoke. My heart stopped and my eyes widened. I stood up and glared at him. "What are you doing here Tadase!?" I asked, venom dripping from my voice.

He smirked and sat down, pulling me into his lap. "Oh come on, you wanted me to crash your date!" I reached inside my purse and pulled out my pepper spray only for Tadase to flick it away.

I scowled at him. "Ikuto will beat you up!" I threatened. Tadase laughed. "Please don't say such jokes." He said. I go to smack him but he catches my hand.

"Let go!" I shout along with someone else. My eyes widen and I look over to see Ikuto. He was holding two chocolate ice creams and my pepper spray.

I noticed Tadase's grip had loosened on me so I jumped up and ran to Ikuto's side, hugging him tightly. He looped one arm around me protectively. Oh yeah! I had forgotten I told Tadase we were dating!

Tadase stood up, clearly frustrated that Ikuto had showed up. "Just wait Amu, I'll have you begging me to take you back! Watch yourself Tsukiyomi!" He shouted before running off.

I sighed and sat back on the bench. "Thank you for helping me out." I say as Ikuto hands me my ice cream cone. He smiled. "No need to thank me, I'm just glad the bastard is gone."

I nodded and licked at my ice cream. Yum! Ikuto sure knows how to cheer me up!! I licked at my ice cream again. "Mm!"  I smiled before licking it again. "Like ice cream much?" Ikuto teased. I blushed.

"Shut up!!" I playfully glared back at him. He laughed and licked his ice cream. I stood up. "Let's go somewhere!" I say trying not to focus on his wet lips. He smirked and stood up as well.

"Where to my princess?" He asked. I blushed and averted my eyes. "Uh... I don't know..." I muttered. He smirked widely and grabbed my hand. "Follow me!" He started pulling me along.

I looked at him as I stumbled forward. Ikuto is being so nice. He's helped me through a lot and I haven't really given him my thanks. Ikuto... Do you like me?