Chapter 47 - Ouroboros

Start from the beginning

"Listen, I think it worked." Scott breathed deeply as he looked around the desk and pulled out a notepad and a pen. He began scribbling on it. "I saw something." He scribbled on the notepad. "There were tunnels, pipes along the walls. There were these huge blue pipes at the entrance. Two on both sides. " Scott described and Stiles made his way to Scott's side as he looked at the notepad.

"Wait a second." Stiles spoke up. "I know this, I've seen this before. That's one of the tunnels I used to skateboard in. Remember my dad caught me one time and told me to never go back?" 

Lydia walked to Scott and looked at the drawing. "It's the water treatment plant." Lydia spoke recognizing the place.

"That's where they are." Scott said. "That's where we'll find Liam and Hayden." There was this weird feeling when I heard Hayden's name. I think it was anger but another feeling was accompanied with it. I couldn't put my finger on it. 

___

"Scott, Scott, slow down." Stiles spoke as we all practically followed behind Scott. "Just think for a second, okay? Mason shouldn't be going." 

"Liam's my best friend." Mason spoke up. "I'm going." He said firmly. I stopped walking and stood beside Stiles. Who obviously responded with sarcasm.

"Oh, did you suddenly get super wolf powers? I wasn't aware of that development." I -for once -agreed with Stiles. Mason shouldn't be going, he's human. What if we have to fight the doctors? Mason won't be able to heal as fast and effectively as us.

"Well if you're not going I could use the help." My eyebrows furrowed. Scott is definitely going insane.

"No, I'm coming just as soon as I talk to my dad. They're moving the body and he wants to make sure that this time no one steals it." 

"How's he gonna do that?" Malia asked.

"I don't know." Stiles admitted. "But whoever took the last one was strong enough to flip my Jeep."

"We can bring Theo." Malia pointed at Theo. Theo looked at Scott and he shrugged. 

"Maybe I better stay here." He said as his eyes moved from Malia to Scott. "You know, just in case the Doctors wanna make a house call for Corey." He looked back at Corey. I sighed and stepped up.

"I volunteer as tribute." I mutter and walked next to Scott and turned to make eye contact with Theo. He smiled and I forced a smile onto my face just as Lydia spoke up.

"Scott, Stiles is right." Lydia immediately got Scott's attention. "We need to slow down and think."

"I am thinking," He paused. "About how Liam and Hayden could already be dead." 

"You could've hurt him Scott!" She says in a higher voice. I knew she was talking about Corey. "Really hurt him." I'm pretty sure she meant by killing him.

"I have to find Liam." He turned around and walked out of the door. Mason followed. I quickly caught up to them.

"Text me for anything." 

"I got it."

"Anything at all, okay?"

We quickly pile into Malia's car. Mason sits next me and I look out the window as I buckle my seat belt. Mason leaned closer to me and whispered.

"You okay?" I turned to look at him and sighed.

"No, not really." I whispered back and look down at my hands. Mason reached over and squeezed my hands for comfort.

"Don't worry, we'll get find him." I bit my lip and shook my head.

"No, I'm not worried about that." Mason raised his eyebrows. "Okay, yeah maybe a bit. But I'm worried about finally getting him back.. to only lose him again." I wasn't talking about the Doctors and he knew that.