17.0

Chapter 17.

[Kitchen, The Tomlinson Mansion, 11:46 pm, What a correct choice!]

(A sleepy looking Louis enters the kitchen wearing his spiderman pajamas. He yawns and turns on the light, and then he notices his father sitting on the table eating pudding.)

William: (startled, looks up) "Who's there?!"

Louis: (yawns, rubs his eyes) "Dad?"

William: (immediately tries to hide the bowl with his hands) "Louis, you?!"

Louis: (looks at the bowl, puts his hands on his waist) "Dad, pudding? You have diabetes!"

William: (sheepishly) "I felt like having something sweet."

Louis: "Me too."(grabs a spoon and sits next to his Dad) "Give me some."

William: (observes Louis for a minute) "Don't you want to go to Scotland?"

Louis: (puts a spoon of pudding in his mouth) "No, I do."

William: "Look, don't go if you don't want to."(smiles) "You won't get to eat pudding with your Dad at midnight there."

Louis: (shakes his head) "No, Dad. That's not it."

William: "Then, what is it?"(Louis looks down) "Twelve o'clock in the night sharing a pudding with your Dad. Hey, is everything alright?"

Louis: (after a minute) "Dad, I think I'm in love."

William: (smiling) "You think or you are?"

Louis: (shrugs) "I don't know. I think I am."(groans) "I really really don't know."

William: (mocking) "I really really don't know."(stands up and puts the rest of pudding in the fridge) "It's hundred percent love!"

Louis: "Yeah?"

William: "Now, tell me, who is he?"(sits again) "It's James isn't it? That dude."

Louis: (shakes his head) "No, Dad."

William: "Then, who is he? A school friend?"

Louis: "No."

William: "Someone you met in Scotland?"

Louis: (groaning) "No, Dad."

William: "Then?"(panics) "No, it can't be Liam Payne. No, no, impossible!"

Louis: (loud) "No, Dad!"

William: "Who is it, then?!"

Louis: (small) "Harry."

William: (surprised) "Harry?!"(Louis nods) "Our child?!"(grins widely) "Wow! What a correct choice!"

Louis: (looks up, grins) "Really?"

William: (nods, smiling) "Very good. I'm very happy."

Louis: "I love you, Dad!"

William: "Tell me, when did this happen?"

Louis: (shrugs) "I don't know. Everyone says it happened twenty years ago."

William: (smiles widely) "Did you tell him?"

Louis: "No."

William: "Then tell him right away."