16.0

Chapter 16.

[Louis & Niall's Treehouse, London, 2:12 pm, This isn't a fairytale.]

(Louis and Niall are sitting at the edge of their treehouse with their legs dangling down.)

Niall: "I was wrong as well. I should've told you."

Louis: (smiles, after a minute) "Liam is a really nice guy."

Niall: (grins) "I know." (after a minute) "Louis, I'm not the most handsome guy in this world."(staring into the distance) "I'm not the smartest as well."(turns to Louis, smiles) "But for him, I am."

Louis: (looks down, sad smile) "You're very lucky, Niall."(looks up) "You don't know how lucky you are."

Niall: (smiles, puts his arm around Louis' shoulder) "This isn't a fairytale, Louis. This is London."(looks up at the sky) "There are no rainbows, only smoke."(looks at Louis) "If you get to see one clear star in the night sky, then that's more than enough."

Louis: (nods, smiling) "You're right."

Niall: "I'm always right, duh."

Louis: (hugs him) "I'm so sorry, Niall."

Niall: (smiles) "Me too."

Louis: (pulls away from the hug, smiling) "So, how have you been?"

Niall: "I'm good. How's Harry?"(Louis' breath hitches) "I haven't talked to him in ages!"

Louis: "He's fine."(whispers, bitter) "And in love with Sam."

Niall: (amused) "Come again?"

Louis: (mumbles) "Harry loves Sam."

Niall: (laughs) "Good one."

Louis: (rolls his eyes) "I'm serious, Niall."

Niall: (amused) "Are you seriously that stupid?"

Louis: "What?!"

Niall: (rolls his eyes in amusement) "He doesn't love Sam, you fucker."

Louis: (sad) "He does! Sam told me!"

Niall: (observes him, after a minute) "Okay, let's say that he does."(Louis makes a face) "Why are you sad about it?"

Louis: (shrugs, nervous) "I-I don't know. He just..he can't love Sam."

Niall: "He can love anyone he wants, Louis."

Louis: (loud) "No, he can't!"(sadly, unsure) "Isn't he supposed to love me? I'm his best friend, right?"

Niall: (smirks) "He loves you."(puts his arm around his shoulder) "Like I love you."

Louis: (sulks down) "I don't want him to love me in a Niall-way!"

Niall: (very amused) "What the fuck is a Niall-way?!"

Louis: "That's how I love you. It's like...brotherly."(horrified) "He can't love me in that way! Absolutely no!"

Niall: (laughs) "When are you telling him that you love him?"

Louis: "Why should I tell him?! He should be the one-"(realises) "I-I don't love him! Why would you think that!"

Niall: (snorts) "Yeah, right. You don't love him."