Chapter Eleven

Lynn's POV

"Sis." I tap on Susanna's bedroom door. "Open up. What's wrong?" Finally I fish out a key and unlock her door. The scream that escapes my throat surprises even me.

Lyric runs in, nearly knocking me over. "Lynn? What's wrong?" She looks into the room. The empty room.

"She's gone. All of her stuff is gone." I say totally shocked.

Lyric whimpers. "W..why?"

I hug the girl, "I don't know." My biggest question is why my best friend didnt even tell me.

There's a knock at the door. Lyric runs, flinging it open. "Susanna?" Her shoulders slump as she sees her friends, Khloe and Ken, and her boyfriend, James. "Oh. Right. We have to go help the homeless. Bye, Lynn. Let me know if you find out anything." 

And with that she left. Her friends asking her all sorts of questions about why she seemed so down. I picked up my phone and dialed Donald. "Hey Donald. We have a problem."

"No kidding, she broke his heart." My boyfriend's voice sounds rock solid.

"Donald. Susanna is gone! Her room is empty! She has left Nashville. This isn't like her."

Silence meet my ears. Then Donald let out a breath. "We have to find out what happened."

Lyric's POV

I can't focus. I'm just going through the motions.

James looped an ark over my shoulder. "Lyric. What's on your mind?"

I shake my head. "We'll talk later." 

People start pouring in, and after we are done and cleaning up, James and Ken come running in. "CALL 911!!! FIRE!!!!"

Susanna's POV

I have all that I ever had here in Nashville in my car. I left in the night, before everyone woke up. No one knows. I check my watch. Well they probably do now. Just before I leave I'm revisiting all the places that have held memories for me. I just grabbed a bite to eat at Chick-Fil-A. Now I'm leaving Nashville. For the good of everyone I love.

Even though I'm not sure how, I feel myself taking one last drive by of the apartment. The rode I'd blocked. Two fire trucks, and several squad cars are in front.

I leapt out of the car. Leaving it behind me. Smoke is billowing out of the building. "No!!"

All of my friends are gathered outside. Except for Lyric. Where's Lyric?