Chapter Fifeteen {It's so red!!!} (final chapter)

Susanna's POV

"Brycie, I'm not so sure about this." I shoot Alan's wife a skeptical look.

"Nonsense! It suits you." Brycie says as she goes about fixing more costumes for tonight's show.

"But it's sooo red!" I whine. Yikes, I just reminded myself of Chad ... never mind. Back to the topic at hand. "No one else is wearing this much red are they?"

"Well... Maybe not. But everyone is wearing at least some red." She says as she leaves the dressing room. Okay. I guess that discussion is over. Obviously, not by my choice.

For some reason this is the moment my mouth picks to feel as dry as a desert. And, of course, there's not a bottle of water in sight. Maybe I can slip out to that refreshment table or the kitchen area real quick and get some water. No one will see me.

When I get out in the hallway I see how right Brycie was, red is everywhere. I guess partly because today is Valentine's Day and partly because we are doing a benefit concert for the Heart Association.

Great cause. But I've not worn red since high school spirit days. And even then it was just some small bit of red on a tee shirt. But Brycie has me in an ALL red dress with a fancy white cover up. I feel very uncomfortable.

Then I spot him. Joey Stamper. I can tell the exact instant he sees me. He smiles and his eyes light up like fireworks. He gulps and as he waves from where he's talking with the stage manager, and I can tell he's blushing up a storm. Sigh.

Wait? What was I doing out here? Oh! Yeah! Water! I grab a bottle and open it carefully. Maybe the red is okay after all. I dash back to the dressing room to see Kelsey and Fallon putting on there outfits too. Brycie is making final touches to her own and she grins, taking in my red blushing cheeks. She winks. "See I told you there would be lots of red."

~Its Go Time! Let's rock this concert!!!~

The benefit concert has been a hit so far. Looks like we are all finally getting to put all that practice dancing to work. The stage manager motions to me and the Anthem Wives to come near the stage. We are all going to be on the stage with our guys for this number, Love You Like The Movies.

I love this song and the dance routine that's been planned out is super amazing and awesome. And honestly, slightly difficult in places. Like dodging the couch. Oops, the music's starting!

Alan takes center stage and is moving back and forth to the music, sauntering over to a couch on wheels in the middle of the stage. Brycie has just walked out and sits down on the couch, Alan sits by her and winks.

Then he sings, acting out the scene like a couple on a movie date.

" Friday night, date night
I say "Pick out what you like."
I don't care as long as you're here.
Surprise, surprise. Ain't that nice.
Same old chick flick, Eighteenth time.
You know the one with that guy.
Half way through, look at you
Smiling like you always do
And I can't help but just stare
'Cause suddenly, it hits me
As I watch you make believe
I want to make this your reality"

The starry eyed look in his eyes is our cue to take our places.

"And if you'll be my leading lady,
Even though I may look crazy"

Everyone grins. All of us girls stand at look at our guy. This is the fun part. Where they grab our hands and dance us around the stage.

I'll grab your hand, ask you to dance
In the middle of the street
Learn to sign, cheesy lines
Like "Baby, you complete me."
And in case you forget
Where we've been and what we did
I'll write it all down, read it out loud
Again and again.
I promise if you let me
I'll love you like the movies.

All the others freeze their moves like someone hit pause, as Joey's part comes. He grins and starts singing. Wow does he ever look handsome tonight. Focus, Susanna!

Now I've never been one of them
Guys who could be leading men
Just never seemed all that real.
("Well you're like 5-6." "So was Tom Cruise." "True.")
But here right now
With you somehow
The kind of love they write about
Is the kind of love that I'm starting to feel

My heart hammers in my chest, as he looks at me intently. Then he does something I didn't see coming. He lowers down to one knee. This so wasn't part of it when we practiced.

"Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me, Susanna Stephens?" His question booms through the room through his lapel Mic. There are tears of hopefulness in those blue eyes. I vaguely hear the others go through the rest of the routine. One of the others is taking over Joey's parts. "So will you, Sus?" He whispers.

My face feels wet, then I realize I'm crying too. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I just nod. Joey lets out a whooping victory cry and picks me up and spins me around.

"You have my heart you know that right?" Joey asks.

"And you mine." I say as I look at my beautiful engagement ring. It's two hearts and a cross is right between them.

As he sets me back down, he brushes my hair back out of my face. "Jesus is right in the center of our love. Without Him, we'd never made it. I'll love you like the movies forever, Susanna."

And then he seals the promise sweetly with our very first kiss.

The End... For Now! :)

-------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

Well, that the end of this book! Book 3 is done. I'm literally floored by that, haha. So book 4 here we come. Keep your eyes out for I'm Not Going Anywhere. :)

Love to hear your thoughts so tell me in the comments. :)