Chapter Four

Lyric's POV

When we got home to the apartment, Lynn and Susanna set up the boxes in the living room and started going through the hidden treasures. They were particularly giddy about some Disney stuff they found. Something about Ariel & Belle and other stuff like that. I wasn't really paying any attention. I had grabbed my book, and it felt like it was burning into my hands begging to be read.

Making my way to my bedroom, I flopped down across it and started reading. It drew me in and hit me straight in the heart. I wasn't really relating to the "main" character, who the point of view was being written from. But the mystery girl that most of the kids weren't trusting. That girl had been me not to long ago. I had been the one with no real home to go to.

In a matter of hours later, I had finished the book. From front to back. Completely. I looked up to see it was getting late, so I went into the living room. The boxes had all disappeared, and Lynn and Susanna were sitting in chairs near the tv, which was flashing a Disney movie across it.

I cleared my throat, and my roomates and friends turned to me. "I have something on my heart." They invited me to sit and I told them about the book, and what God had put on my heart. "I know it may sound silly..."

"NO!" Lynn waved her hands dramatically. "It sounds amazing!"

"I agree!" Susanna gave me an encouraging smile. "I'll get in contact and see what we can do."

The movie was stopped and we went on our ways.

I can't believe it.

I'm going to be in charge of a homeless feeding (and possibly housing) program.

----------------------------------------------

Author's Note....

Fun Fact!

I still have yet to write in Susanna's POV in this book. YET.