Chapter Nine

Joey's POV

"Guys... I may be gonna do something a little crazy..." I look at my band mates as we sit around the studio. Man, I'm so nervous, I'm shaking all over.

"Spill, bro." Chad says shaking my shoulders.

"Well..." I start, unsure how to go about this. Caleb and Alan give me reassuring nods, encouraging me to speak. "I'm in love with Susanna."

They don't give me the response I was expecting. They are all literally just sitting there staring at me. Alan speaks up. "And?"

"What do you mean 'And?' I thought you guys would be surprised or something." I shake my hands wildly.

"Dude, it's sorta obvious." Chad says patting my back. Hard.

"It's true, Joey. I think we all knew before you even let yourself know." Caleb says.

"You mean it's that obvious?" I say, shocked. I thought I was hiding it.

"So... do you think it would be crazy if I asked her to marry me?" I ask, but before I can answer there's a thud from another room.

"EEEK!" Kelsey, Fallon, Brycie, and Alan's clan of children pop into the room.

"Ummm... there was a .... mouse." Fallon says, covering a giggle.

A.J. comes over and sits in my lap. "So are you FINALLY going to tell Susanna you love her?"

I can actually feel my eyes getting big. I look at Alan, Brycie, and then back to A.J. "You knew too?"

"Duh... You give her that look the princes always give the princess'." A.J. gives me her Disney inspired logic.

"Well... okay... then..." I say.

Someone the women folk scatter and it's just the guys again. "So do you think it's too soon to pop the question?"

Alan speaks up on the matter, finally. "Have you told her you loved her? Got her response yet?"

"No." Man, oh man. I feel stupid. Susanna might not even return my feelings. I would feel like a dope if I got down on one knee and said those words and then she rejected me. It just might break me.

Lord, what am I going to do?