chapter 21

Vixen ducked and swept her leg out under the beta's sending him crashing to the ground. She quickly took the blade and stabbed the handle into his chest. She moved the blade away and grabbed her water bottle.

"Are we done yet..?" She whined.

"No, not until you work on fighting with Toby." Billy said, looking at Declan to challenge anything he said. Vixen rolled her eyes, Billy had been like this for nearly a week and it's all because Declan was sitting next to her and kissing her in the living room. She growled and dropped her water bottle.

"Billy, this is ridiculous! First of all, I was supposed to be at school the past three days, secondly Declan is my, you know, partner so he can be around me if he wants to, you can't tell him and I other wise!" Billy looked at her, "Training is over for today. Declan, can you give me a ride up to the school." Vixen said before turning and walking to the house to change. Declan followed quickly leaving the Rowan and Billy talking in the clearing.

"Vix, maybe it's best if you finish training today then go tomorrow?" He spoke with carefulness, not wanting to upset her anymore.

"No, I want to go now. I can't be around him anymore, he's just so frustrating." She said through clenched teeth, trying to calm down. Declan smiled small running his hand down her arm to her hand and gently holding it.

"Do you want me to stay with you when you get there? It might be best since your the one in most danger." She shrugged.

"If it makes you feel better yes, just don't growl again in front of my friends. In fact don't be a werewolf." She said, he looked at her.

"But I am a werewolf, how do I even not be-" Vixen smiled at him and walked up the stairs to the second floor to her room.

"Easy, think of it as a drama role, you have to act like your human." He sighed and let her hand go so she could change as he waited outside the room.

"Easy for you to say, you've had a ton of practice." He muttered. Vixen walked out and sniffed looking at him.

"You need to change too, you smell like wet dog." He growled low at her.

"I told you before, I'm not a dog, I'm a wolf." She smirked.

"Then you smell like wet wolf, go get changed" she said pushing him into the room. He sighed.

"Why?"

"Because Stacey doesn't like dogs, or any canines, so if she smells wet dog smell she'll gag and ask more questions." She said, Declan growling low, annoyed that he had to change because of a human. He walked out and looked at her.

"Happy?" She smiled and looked at him, his wore a dark green T-shirt and blue jeans. She nodded.

"Yep." He rolled his eyes and they walked down the stairs, Vixen fixing her scarf so the scar wasn't showing. Declan glanced over at her.

"You look fine. " he said, she looked at him then ahead.

"Thank you.." She said softly when they got to the car, opening the door and getting in. Declan got in and pulled the seat belt on before starting the car and pulling out of the main house parking lot.

***

Declan pulled into the school parking lot, Vixen smiled and reached back into the back seat for her backpack.

"Remember Dec, don't growl or do anything remotely like a werewolf would." she said getting a look from him.

"I wont." he said as they both got out of the car. Vixen closed the car door, walking over to where Declan was. He took her backpack with one hand and flung it over his shoulder, taking her other hand and holding it. She smiled small as they walked to the schools front doors. They walked into the office and Vixen groaned quietly when she saw an older lady in her late forties, her hair starting to grey.