Chapter 16

Vixen snuggled into Declan's chest, it had been four hours and sleep was starting to catch up to her. He smiled down at her.

"Do you want to go to bed?" He asked softly, she nodded.

"please..." She said tiredly, he kissed her head, and looked around.

"OK, let me find Connor OK baby." She nodded,and walked with him as he looked for Connor. They found him at the far side of the clearing. He looked up at them and smiled.

"Hey you guys enjoying yourselves?" He asked.

"Yes, but Vixen is tired, can you show us where we can rest?" Declan asked nicely, Vixen smiled at Connor softly.

"Please, Con. The village is going to be fine for a few minutes." Connor smiled at her and nodded.

"Of course I can, come, I'll show you your cabin." Connor said, Declan and Vixen following him away from the fire and the tribe. They came to a cabin and he opened the door.

"Some of the cabins aren't used so we keep them for when people come for trips. But they don't come as much now." Connor explained. Declan nodded and held Vixen to his side.

"Thank you, Connor." Declan said and walked into the cabin with Vixen, closing the door behind them. Vixen yawned and looked up at Declan.

"Can you carry me..?" She asked, he smirled and picked her up bridle style and carried her to the bedroom. Vixen cuddled into his chest, until he threw her on to the bed, making her squeak. She looked at him and scowled.

"What was that for?" He smirked at her and kissed her softly.

"Change, I'll be back in twenty minutes." He said amused.

"Into what? Our bags are at Gram Ma-"

"Then go have a shower and I'll get our bags and bring them back here before you get out." He growled low, "I can't stand you wearing this anymore, so you better wake up a little more and have a shower." She blinked at him blushing and got up and went to the bathroom. She listened as he left the room and closed the door. She sighed a turned that water on, undressing, and stepped into the shower and sighed, closing her eyes.

***

Vixen woke up, echoing screams in her ears but the dream had left no memory in her mind. She swallowed and yawned, it was light out and she could see she was wearing one of Declan's T-shirts. She stretched and felt something beside her. She looked over to see Declan, his bare back to her, asleep. She smiled and crawled out of bed quietly. She looked at Declan once more before leaving. She walked down stairs and to the kitchen, looking around for food, she huffed and closed the last empty cupboard. She jumped as arms wrapped around her. Vixen relaxed when she felt his head on hers.

"I'll go get some food OK. There should be something to eat in one of the bags I brought back." Declan said hoarsely. She smiled at him and turned around so she could face him.

"Could we go hunting?" She asked and bit her lip as he kissed down her cheek to her jaw.

"Maybe later baby." He looked at her, their faces inches apart, "maybe." She smiled and kissed him.

"But it's leaning to Yes,right?" He smirked and pinned her to the counter.

"Don't push it." She stuck her lip out, pouting. He bit her lip softly getting a groan from her.

"Declan!" Red growled in warning, he let go of her lip and sighed.

"Red...what is it?" He growled, still pinning Vixen to the counter, who wrapped her arms around his neck. Red rolled her eyes.