chapter 12

It started to rain and the temperature dropped a little so it got a little colder out, for Vixen that was a problem, because she was wearing a cut off tank top that was white, talk about wonderful. She slipped her shoes off and pulled her legs up to her chest, her feet resting on the edge of the seat. Declan looked over at her and frowned."You cold?"

Vixen looked at him and shrugged,"A little, I didn't think it was going to rain." She said, Chet pulled a small fleece blanket out of the back and handed it to her. She smiled at took it, wrapping it around her, "Thanks..." Declan glanced at her then back at the road. Vixen looked at him and frowned, "You OK Declan? You don't look very happy." She felt a hand rest on her covered arm, she looked back to who it belonged to and held herself back from snapping Cody's arm off, she really didn't like him.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." Declan answered sourly which made Vixen frown at him. She nodded and pulled her arm away from Cody and curled up in the front seat watching the scenery go by.

***

When they reached the house, everyone started to get out, the trees keeping most of the rain away. Vixen got out and looked at the house, wrapping the fleece blanket around her. It wasn't much, the house, it was a small two floor, white house on the outskirts of a forest. Chet sniffed around, "Toby's here."

"Toby? Who's Toby?" Cody asked growling, Vixen turned to him and snarled.

"Shut it, would ya! Geez,your so annoying." Mathew smiled and patted her shoulder softly.

"Hey take it easy, remember, vampires can smell emotions." Vixen giggled at him as Cody looked at them confused..

"Well," Toby said from behind Mathew, "Some of us can see the color of your aura but most can't." He smiled at Vixen, "But we can also sense emotions if we have a bond with said person." Mathew blinked at him.

"What?" Mathew said in complete confusion, Cody growled at Toby.

"You have a blood sucking leech here! I'll go to the alpha with this!" Cody threatened.

"Oh stuff it you carcass head, the alpha knows about Toby." Julie growled, her arms crossed across her chest. Toby wrapped his arms around her and smiled. Cody growled low, Vixen sighed and walked with Chet and Mathew inside, Toby and Julie following them. Cody walked behind them with a sour face. Vixen looked around and frowned.

"Where's Declan?" She asked, looking at Chet and Mathew.

"Dec's probably out hunting, or he's already inside." Mathew smiled at her brightly. Vixen nodded and looked around, going into the first room which was the living room, a large flat screen sat on the far wall, a long L shaped couch sat in front of it, a low coffee table was in the middle with a pile of papers, bottles, and empty chip bags. She walked out of the room and down the main hall, and found Julie and Chet in the kitchen, Toby sat on a stool by the dark colored island watching Julie. Vixen rolled her eyes and looked around the house a bit more. After a while she sighed bored of exploring the house. She went outside to the back and found Mathew, Cody and Declan. She sat on the first step that lead down to the grass, and watched the boys, Mathew was shooting off a Nerf gun at targets that were, literally, everywhere. Cody was lying on the ground, flat on his back, hands behind his head. Declan was leaning on a tree by the edge of the forest, sun glasses over his eyes. Vixen couldn't help but wondering what he was thinking about.

'Maybe he's thinking of us.'her wolf growl in approval, Vixen growled at her wolf.

'knock it off will you? Geez, what is it with you and Declan.'

'Face it, you want him and his wolf just as much as I do.'her wolf said it like a fact, god she hated talking to her wolf sometimes.