Chapter 17

Vixen walked down a hall with Declan, she glanced up at him.

"You OK Dec?" She asked giving his hand a squeeze. He nodded and looked at her.

"Just a bit wary..." He admitted, she smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Don't be." She said as they up to Dakota's office door, knocking.

"Come in."

Vixen opened the door letting Declan's hand go and walked into the room. Declan closed the door behind him, keeping his head low. Dakota sat behind his desk with papers everywhere. Vixen smirked at Declan, when he saw the mess.

"Vixen?" Dakota said in question with Declan's presence. She bit back a growl.

"My mate, Declan." She said, taking a seat in one of the chairs, "Dec, come sit." Declan shook his head.

"I'm fine.." Dakota looked at him then at Vixen.

"He's intimidated by you." Vixen said smoothly to Alpha Dakota.

"Vixen!" Declan starred at her making Vixen giggle. Dakota smiled small.

"Please, sit. " he said as he tried to clean some of the papers up into messy piles.

"Last time I was here your desk was cleaner. " Vixen inquired, Dakota sighed and nodded.

"When I told that pack about you being the next Luna, they were happy, but then when they found you weren't on the territory they started to question my leadership and strength to protect this pack." He took a deep breath and looked at them. Declan had taken a seat next to Vixen and looked at the disorganized desk.

"So what will happen? I mean now that she is back." Declan asked.

"Well that what I had wanted her to come here for, I would like both of you to sit in on the meetings, I have also set a time for the pack to meet so we can get some of the questions answered." Dakota said leaning back in his seat. Vixen looked at Declan.

"I think we understand the questions being answered part but why the meetings? That only for Alphas and Luna's of the pack to go to." She said looking at Dakota, Declan nodding in agreement beside her.

"Since you two are the next Alpha and Luna, you must know what is going on with the pack and the neighboring packs. Plus we need to get an alliance in place since your being targeted." Dakota paused when Vixen's phone went off. She smiled apologetically as she answered her phone.

"Hello?"

"Vixen! Me and Tom want to see you now! So get you butt to the park now!" Stacey yelled through the phone. Dakota and Declan looked at her.

"Stacey, I'm busy."

"Doing what?! We haven't seen you in two weeks! You haven't gone to school!"

"Go, we can continue this later." Dakota said to Vixen.

"Wait! Who is that!?" Stacey asked angrily.

"I'll see you later."

"Wait Vixen!" Vixen hung up and looked at Dakota.

"Sorry, they're starting to question my loyalty."

"It's fine, go see them, we can continue later or in the morning." Dakota said smiling in understanding. Vixen smiled thankfully at him and got up, Declan getting up as well.

"I'll drive you." He said, Vixen looked at him.

"Ok." She said as they left the Alpha's office, "but you can't bite Tom. In fact, you aren't to leave the car." As soon a she said that Declan looked at her.