[10]

"Just pick them up! It'll only take twenty minutes!" Michael cried over the loud music pounding from somewhere inside his apartment, pushing his keys into Luke's hand and giving the blonde the best puppy eyes look that he could manage. "Stop at Annabelle's, then Naomi's on the way back. Easy as hell."

"I still don't see why I'm going. I mean, you're the one who said you'd give them a ride!" Luke laughed, throwing his hands up in the air. "I don't even want to be here and I don't want to see Annabelle right now, okay? It's complicated."

"Stop being so goddamn dramatic and just go pick them up, alright? You don't even have to talk to them or anything, just pick them up and bring them back here and then I'll let you leave." He pleaded. The thought of leaving was incredibly appealing to Luke, mostly because he'd been stuck here since this afternoon when Michael and Cal had forced him into helping set up for the party. Which mostly consisted of moving the couches out of the way for people to dance and mixing alcohol together in a bunch of bullshit fruity cocktails.

"Fine. I'm only doing this shit so that I can leave though." He sighed, partly because Michael had had a few drinks and he didn't want him getting behind the wheel as well.

"Thank you, Lukey. You're an angel." He smiled, pulling his friend close and burying his face in his neck before pushing him towards the door. "Now Naomi's address is three-oh-seven-"

"I know, Mikey, I know. I'll be right back, okay?"

=====

Annabelle hadn't expected to find Luke standing in front of her when she opened her apartment door that night. Partly because Naomi had agreed to come over before the party and also, partly because Michael was supposed to have picked the girls up. Plus she hadn't seen Luke since their little charade three days earlier. And he had a bulging black eye that looked painful as hell.

"Jesus, what happened?" She asked, wincing visibly and stepping forward to observe his features a little closer, her clutch purse falling to the ground at her feet.

"Nice to see you too." He sarcastically replied, groaning out loud and whipping away when her finger pressed into the delicate area under his eye.

"Sorry! God, sorry! You okay?" She sighed, watching as he slowly nodded and pushed his hair back. "What the fuck happened, Luke?"

"It's a long story. I'll tell you some other time, alright?" He replied, a smile breaking through his serious tone as he stepped back and motioned down the apartment block hallway. "You ready to go then?"

"Yeah. I'll just grab my jacket." She smiled before following him close behind and locking her apartment door behind her.

Luke was trying to pry his eyes away from her body as they both walked side by side downstairs. She was wearing this oversized Stussy t-shirt and ripped denim shorts, the light blue fabric riding extremely high on her long legs as he attempted to stay focused on his shoes.

They were soon in the car and Annabelle thankfully took a seat in the back, Luke didn't know if he'd be able to concentrate on the road with her beside him. He felt terrible, he'd just broken up with his girlfriend, he had a fucking black eye from his ex-girlfriend and now he was here, checking another one of his ex-girlfriends out.

Naomi's house was only five minutes down the road and she was already standing out on the porch of her house ready to go. She ran down the front path and slid into the back seat, leaning forward and taking in the sight of Luke's black eye with a wince. "Jesus Christ."

"Shut up, I know it looks bad." Luke laughs, leaning back in his seat and starting the car back up.

"What happened?"