[9]

"You fucked him?" Naomi asked, bursting in the door of Annabelle's apartment, her phone clutched tightly in her left hand. "You can't be serious, Annabelle!"

"You sound like my mother." The blonde replied with a slow roll of her eyes as she pulled some more of her books from the cardboard box in front of her and adjusted them on the shelf. "And how'd you get in?"

"The door's unlocked and obviously you need your mother because you're making stupid decisions like this!" The red head cried, falling into one of the stools in the kitchen and meeting her best friends eyes. "What on earth made you think that sleeping with Luke would be a good idea?"

"I never planned too! He just came over to talk and then stuff was happening-"

"Oh, stuff was happening alright! You two had sex." She hissed, her eyes widening and whispering the word as if it was some forbidden spell.

"Naomi, you're eighteen years old. You can say the word sex." She laughed, placing the now empty box in the corner with the other unpacked ones and taking a seat by her friend. "How the hell did you find out anyway?"

"Luke told Michael and Michael told me. It's all very hush-hush."

"Doesn't seem very hush-hush with you screaming at me." Annabelle replied, smirking a little at the way that Naomi rolled her eyes, took a deep breath, and rested both hands on the bench top.

"He has a fucking girlfriend. Nothing about this was a good idea. You're just going to sleep with him and end his relationship? You're going to fuck him over again? Sorry for being so goddamn blunt but it's true." Naomi sighed, eyes looking straight into Annabelle's as she let go a long breath. "He's a nice guy, Annabelle. He doesn't deserve to be screwed around like this."

Annabelle had gone silent as she studied her hands. She didn't know what to say because Naomi had a point, a very good point and she was lost for words. "He still loves me." She sighed, catching Naomi's attention and going quiet again. "He still fucking loves me."

"Do you still love him?"

"I- fuck, I don't know."

"Jesus, Annabelle." Naomi groaned, both hands gripping at her hair as she straightened her glasses on her nose and looked into her best friends eyes. "You're really going to fuck with him all over again, aren't you?"

"I didn't plan for any of this to happen! You're talking down to me as if I'm doing all of this on purpose!" Annabelle cried, standing from her seat and looking at Naomi who was shaking her head slowly.

"I don't know what else to do, Annabelle! If you can't see how mucked up this situation is then quite frankly, I don't think I have anything else to say to you." Naomi stated before standing from her seat and heading towards the door.

"Wait, you're fucking leaving?"

"I don't know what you want me to do." She sighed, pushing her hair back and opening the door. "Look, I'll call you later or something, alright? I need to get to work anyway."

Annabelle wanted to scream. Or punch a wall. Or cry. She wanted to call her best friend and rant about what'd just happened and yet, her best friend was the one that'd pissed her off so much.

Was she right? Was Naomi fucking right about all of this? She'd never wanted to fuck Luke over the first time the way that she had, she'd just needed to leave. And Luke had been affected by that in a big way because the two of them together had meant a lot to him. Maybe more than it'd meant to her at the time but now she was back with this boy that was head over heels in love with her and she'd never admired someone that much. She'd never found somebody that loved her the way that Luke did.