[3]

Luke was standing there wide eyed, his gaze trained on the girl in front of him as she took in the words that'd just come from his lips. What the fuck are you doing here? He hadn't meant to sound so goddamn hostile but she'd just turned up out of the blue and now he found himself staring at the girl that'd changed his life and then disappeared from it two seconds later and he was rendered speechless.

"Oh- um, you two know each other?" Michael began as he broke the silence with an awkward laugh and what he hoped was a statement that sounded like a genuine question.

"I guess you could say that." Luke murmured before letting his eyes fall to the ground. He stole one more glance at Annabelle before turning on his heel and heading back through the crowd. Michael managed to push the bottle and glasses from his hands into Calum's grasp before taking off in pursuit of his friend. Luke could almost feel himself fuming as he made it to one of the back doors.

The air from outside was cool and crisp as he stepped out, pausing at the feeling of a small hand on his forearm and Michael caught up with him. Hayley was hanging onto his arm, a concerned look plastered across her flawless features as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Luke baby, where are you going?" She asked and he huffed in annoyance, yanking his arm away from her hands in one swift movement.

"I'm just going to get some air Hayley-"

"But what about the others. I mean, I thought that we were going to do some celebrating-" she was cut off when Luke shook his head, plastering a fake smile over his face before motioning outside once more.

"I won't be a minute babe, really-"

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"I'll go with him!" Michael exclaimed, pushing past her and following Luke's lead outside. "Probably just guy stuff, I'll keep an eye on him for you, okay? Why don't you go and see if Calum needs any help with the shots or something?"

"Oh- um, okay. Thanks Mikey." She smiled before setting off across the club in search of Calum, flicking her long hair back over her shoulder in the process.

"Luke!" Michael called once he'd caught up with the tall blonde who was now leaning up against the cold side of the building, hands tugging at his hair as he slid down the wall and took a deep breath. "You okay?"

"I don't- I just don't see why she's fucking here." He mumbled before running both hands over his face and meeting Michael's eyes. Michael doesn't know what to say, he's kind of just standing there in a bit of a daze and Ashton's words are finally sinking in.

"She's friends with Naomi-"

"I know damn fucking well that she's friends with Naomi but she's supposed to be in goddamn London- Annabelle is supposed to be in fucking London!" He yelled, fist colliding with the cold metal wall that he was leaning on, only to curse out loud and double over, pulling his now-broken fist in close as Ashton stepped inside.

"Luke, what the hell?!"

"Guys- Luke! Holy shit!" He exclaimed, rushing over to the blonde boy who was now groaning in pain and clutching onto his hand for dear life.

"Did you- your hand? What the hell have you done to it Luke?"

"It's- fuck, I think it's broken!" He announced, jumping up and down and rushing over to the older boy who's eyes widened as his mouth dropped open.

"Jesus, Mike- what the fuck happened?" He asked, taking in the sight of Luke in complete pain as Michael shrugged and scratched the back of his neck.