Chapter 12: Creepy Old Guy

Hiro POV: I awoke. I had only caught about two hours sleep, but it was okay. Gogo was safe. I couldn't have slept without knowing that. I had saved her. Slowly I sat up off the floor and looked to my right where  the couch was. Gogo was gone probably awake, I hobbled my way out of bed and into the kitchen. I turned the coffee pot on and started making a pot, keeping one eye open in case Gogo had happened to go by. Then I made my way to the area where the old man had washed his clothes. Suddenly there was a tap on my shoulder. "You almost gave me a heart attack!" I screamed. The old man looked unaffected. "Hey." I asked. "do you know where Gogo went?" He put his head down and handed me a note, it was in Gogo's hand writing.  

Hi Hiro. By the time you are reading this you have woken up, I told the old guy to give you this note. I'm sorry I liked you. You are too good for me, I know what is going to happen. Just like Todashi you are going to run away from me. I am not good enough for you. Whenever I love someone they either leave or get killed, or both. Please Hiro don't hold yourself back for me. You have a bright future whoever gets to call you theirs at the end of the day is THE luckiest girl on earth. Signed: Gogo

I didn't know what do say, I loved her. Did she ever truly love me? Did she not trust me enough to hold her forever? So many questions ran through my mind. "hey sonny." the old man interjected "sit down the coffee is done." I sat and poured myself a big cup. "Hey old guy you have any scotch?" I could use a forget me all. He nodded no. I knew he did. "sometimes kid, you have to give the people you love some space. She really did love you, you know? Before she left she wrote the note and cried, then she left to go home. Said she loved you so much she'd be willing to die for you." I felt a tear start to brew up in my eyes, why did everything I love leave me. I had crushes but they all left, everyone. Then just when I felt like I was getting somewhere, she ups and leaves. "I don't understand." I whimpered. "sometimes people so strange things out of love. give it time then go find her." I looked at him "thanks." I said and left.