Chapter 10- An Afternoon to Remember

Start from the beginning

Phil could become mine today.

I smile at the thought of it. Just imagining it makes my heart flutter if it's even capable of doing that. I'll just cancel out the idea of Phil hating me. He can't hate me, he's Phil and I'm Dan. We're The Duo, as our teachers call us.

I walk up to Phil's house and try to suppress the huge smile that won't come off of my face. I'm surprised that someone hasn't punched me yet for being so happy. My hand turns the knob and I step into Phil's house that has become my second home.

"Phil?" I call out and put my bag next to the door.

No answer comes and I walk further into the house, "Phil?" I call again.

Something runs from around the corner and crashes into my side, causing me to scream. We both fall onto the ground and the wind is knocked out of me. Although, I do smile when Phil's head hovers over mine with a party popper in hand.

"Don't do it in my face!" I shout as he pops it.

Streamers fall out of the small cylinder and onto my head, "Thanks." I mumble and move it so it's more on my hair than face.

"Welcome!" Jaxon exclaims from next to me, causing me to let out a laugh.

"Today, we shall celebrate the 2 year anniversary of Daniel James Howell quitting harmful substances!" Phil loudly announces in a narrator voice as he moves his head farther away from mine.

I twist my hips so Phil falls off and lands beside me, "What was that far?" Phil pouts.

"You were too heavy. I couldn't breathe." I joke.

Phil scoffs and we smile at each other. Jaxon decides that it's a good time to launch himself on top of my chest.

"Jesus Christ Jaxon!" I shout as he lands with a thud.

Jaxon giggles, "Sorry. What's a harm- harfal-"

"Harmful substance?" Phil asks.

"Yeah." Jaxon says and places his head onto my chest, fully laying on top of me.

"That's a subject for another time when you're older."

"Aw." Jaxon pouts and smushes his cheek into my chest.

"Do you wanna bake something?" Phil asks out of the blue, making me jump up and Jaxon slides off of me.

"I wanna bake!" Jaxon shouts and stands up, running as fast as he can into the kitchen.

I giggle as I get off of the floor, "That kid is something."

"Tell me about it." Phil jokes and rolls his eyes.

~

"Dan, stop joking around we nee- Dan!" I giggle as I throw a hand of flour into the air.

"Sorry." I laugh and Phil scrunches his face up.

"It's like snow." Jaxon says in awe as he jumps around the kitchen.

"It's like I'm taking after 2 kids."

I walk up to Phil and shake the flour out of his hair and he helps shake the flour out of mine, "Okay, I'm done. We can start baking now."

"Time for the ingredients."

~

"Winnie, you wanna crack an egg?" I ask Jaxon as he stands on a small chair so he can reach the counter. It's weird seeing his head come to my shoulder.

Jaxon nods and Phil hands him the egg, standing on the other side of Jaxon, "Try not to get any eggshells in it." Phil carefully explains, "Do you want me to show you first?" Jaxon nods again.