Chapter 16

Niall woke up alone. It was early morning and light was just peeking over the horizen, and Grant was no where to be seen. He rubbed his eyes, trying to take in his surroundings. It toom him a moment to relize he was at The park still.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Niall cursed himself. He stood, his body aching from sleeping in such an uncomfortable position. He didn't know why he had trusted Grant. It had been a stupid move. He should have known that Grant would leave.

He picked his phone up from the ground, knowing that His mother would be looking for him still. But when he opened his phone, The majority of the texts and missed calls were not from his mum, or even Louis. They were from an unknown number.

37 missed calls from 555-0485
14 missed calls from Louis
8 missed calls from Mum

From: Louis
Where are you mate? Are you okay?

From: Louis
Liam is really worried about you. Did you head home?

From: Louis
Why aren't you answering your phone?

From Louis:
Where did you go?

From: 555-0485
Niall? Its Liam, where are you?

From: 555-0485
Niall, I'm worried about you. I didn't mean to hurt you.

From: 555-0485
My parents apologized, they said you could stay the night if you wanted to. Please come back.

From: 555-0485
I know you're hurting, but please just come back. I can help you Niall.

From: 555-0485
Please don't do anything stupid. I care for you and so do Louis and Harry. We're all here for you if you need to talk. Just please tell us where you are.

From: Louis
You're mom says you aren't at home. Where are you mate?

From: Mum
Louis got back, and you aren't with him. Where are you?

From:555-0485
Why won't you pick up Niall? I really need to talk to you.

From: 555-0485
I'm so sorry Niall. So, so sorry. Please, just come back.

From: 555-0485
Niall please.

From:555-0485
Please.

Niall set his phone bavk on the ground looking up at the sky. The skin on his wrists burned and itched. He felt like crying. But more than that, he felt like cutting. He had left them worrying about him for so long, and for what? For the attention of a boy who didn't even seem to genuinely like him, from a boy who had abandoned him. He felt even worse when he admitted that he loved the attention that they were giving him now that he was missing.

The first tear wet his cheek and he knew he would look on same crying in a park. He stood, half blinded by his own tears and started running, paying no attention to where he was going besides that it was away. Before he knew what was going on, he collided in to some thng and found himself falling to the ground.

"Are you alright?" A strangely familiar voice asked as a hand grabbed Nialls arm and pulled him to his feet. Even the grip of the hand felt familiar and he began to wonder who it was that was helping him up. Deep down He hoped it was Liam, but he knew better than to get his hopes up.

Niall opened his eyes as he stood, and while the tears still blurred his vision it was clear who was standing in front of him.

"Bloody hell Niall, you're crying. Are you hurt?" None other than Grant began to pat Niall down, lookng for any injuries. His brow furrowed when he saw the wrist braces, but he ignored them as he continued his search. Niall was too upset and confused to stop him.