Chapter 10: Little Things

*May's POV*

Ashton pulled me out of the front door towards his car parked on the driveway. It was early evening so still light, the sun still easily seen over the tall trees that grow around the estate. I slid into the passenger side of the car, being careful because i had a dress on. Ashton then sat in, his scent washing over me, so hot.

We then got going, in the direction of the city centre. The soft music of Ed Sheeran's album, loose change, my favourite of his was playing in the background.

Ashton's leg wouldn't stop bouncing up and down, excited?!

'Are you okay?' I ask him, he turned to me, looking confused. I darted my eyes towards his knee,

'Just nervous i suppose' he had his eyes on the road ahead.

'Nervous of what?' I asked.

'My first date with the most beautiful girl i've ever seen' his cheeks flushed, he was blushing. But so was i, so i couldn't make fun.

'Its only me' i said softly

'Not only you May, you're extremely special' he replied. We then pulled up in front of a very posh looking restaurant. Ashton got out and jogged over to the passenger side, opening the door for me and helping me out. The help was much appreciated as the dress Ashton got me was quite fitted.

Ashton then grabbed my hand as we made our way inside the restaurant. A young man was standing behind a kind of podium just inside the entrance of the restaurant.

'Hi we have a table booked for two' Ash said confidently, the man nodded and looked down at the book open on the podium.

'Name please' he said

'Ashton Irwin' ash replied.

'Right this way Mr Irwin' the man gestured for us to follow him.

'Mr Irwin is it now?' I wispered in Ashton's ear.

'I suppose it is, but you can call me Ash' he winked back at me. We were the same height now a the heels Ash had bought me were just the right height. I wasn't too much shorter than him anyway, so i didn't need to higher heels.

'Thankyou for the clothes by the way, and how did you know thats my favourite perfume?' He got my calvin klein, CKin2U, my absolute favourite.

'You have a empty bottle of it in your room, who would keep a empty bottle unless they really like it?' He knew me so well, the only reason i kept the bottle was because i liked to smell it now and again.

The man then showed us to a table that overlooked the harbour which was lit up with so many lights, it looked beautiful. The sun was just setting over the buildings opposite us. The lights reflected off the water as the sky slowly got darker. I then realised Ashton was watching me, my jaw had dropped at the sight. I awkwardly closed my mouth and turned to face Ashton who was sitting opposite me.

'This is way too much' i said

'I want to do this right' he said back.

'Do what right?'

'Us'

I blushed once again, he leant over the table and took my hand. In the middle of the table was a centre piece. A big vase was in place with candles floating on the top of the water, a big lily was spouting out of the top, everything about this restaurant was beautiful.

The waiter then came to take our drinks orders, as we were both under 21, we were sticking to the soft drinks for the evening. We both ordered cokes, the waiter then passing us some menus. Everything was so expensive!

I decided to have 'chargrilled chicken on a bed of tagliatelle accompanied with roasted vegetables and a toasted chiabatta' a bit of a mouthful (badum tsss) this was the cheapest thing on the menu and i didn't want to make Ash pay too much for me, although it was hard to avoid in this restaurant.

We then ordered our food, it came surprisingly quickly. It was delicious, better than any other restaurant i've been to.

'Dessert time!' Ashton said, looking at his menu.

'What are you thinking?' Ashton asked

'Hmmm, i love cheesecake, so maybe the cheesecake, but the chocolate fudge cake sounds so good, i'm torn' i said

'Hmm, thats a toughy' ashton giggled 'how about both?'

'No way! I'm not letting you spend even more on me!!' I replied

'Fine' he said playfully 'i'll have the trifle and the cheesecake, and you have the chocolate fudge cake' he said, he was up to something!

Our food arrived and i happily tucked into the rich chocolate cake.

'Foodgasm' i said quietly to myself

'What?' Ashton said, knowing what i said.

Oh, nothing' i replied cheekily, finishing my cake.

'Phwoar i'm stuffed' ashton said, sitting back in his chair.

'What about the cheesecake?' I ask, it was still sitting infront of him.

'Guess i'll have to leave it' he winked.

'You cant just leave it! That cost $15!' I replied.

'I guess you'll have to have it then' ashton winked, i know what he's doing.

'I guess i'll have to' i say, taking the cheesecake. 'Just for the record, i'm only doing this to save you money' i wink

'Whatever you say' ashton says. The cheesecake was so good, i was very glad Ashton got it for me.

Ashton then payed, a we then made our way out of the restaurant. I stopped him as we got outside, standing opposite him holding both of his hands.

'Thankyou for everything' i say, meaning every word of it.

'We're not done yet May!' He says

'What?! What else could we possibly do?' I ask

Ashton goes into his back pocket and brings out what looks like tickets. He hands them to me.

ONE DIRECTION PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS

The theatre was just up the road from here. If we ran we could make it on tome for the boys to cone on. One direction were one of my favourite bands ever, but because of moving, i wasn't able to see them anywhere.

'I, I don't know what to say Ash' i said, i couldn't even believe it.

'You dont need to say anything, lets go or we'll miss them!' He started pulling me through the crowds of people along the busy street. We got to the theatre, and got in surprisingly quickly. We were lead towards a sign that said 'floor seating' we cant be sitting that close can we?!

Ashton then lead me to THE FRONT ROW how the hell did he get tickets for that?

'Ashton, how the hell did you do this?!' I asked, more than surprised by now as we found our seats along the front row.

'I'll explain later' he said whispering in my ear.

I gave him the biggest hug i've ever given anyone as i whispered

'You're the best' and gave him a peck on the lips.

Just then, sparks flew across the stage and the boys popped up through the floor, i screamed. So excited.

They went through their usual routine of songs. Then it got to 'little things' (i know it wasn't released yet but just imagine it was okay)

'This is dedicated to a good friend of mine, Ashton, this is the time bud!' Harry said, little things started to play. I looked over to Ashton, he was grinning loads

'Ashton, what's happening?' I asked.

'May, will you be my girlfriend?' He asked, before i could even reply, my arms were around his neck and i was kissing him. He was kissing me back as little things was sofly sung in the background. I pulled away and smiled at my boyfriend

'I'll take that as a yes then?' He grinned.

'A million times yes' i replied.