"Are you gonna..." I trailed off, knowing that she had figured out what I meant.

"Yes." She exhaled out of boredom. "Unless you come home, that is. What do you say, sweetheart?"

I thought about it for a minute. Well, there was really nothing to think about. "I'll do it." I said, exhaling a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"Perfect, see you soon." Then, without a moment of hesitation, she hung up.

After that, I could not do anything. Various thoughts were running through my mind, but I could not get them to form one single one that would make any sense. So I just sat there, pondering on about what would be waiting for me when I came back home.

"Riley?" I heard Ashton call gently. "Is everything alright?" He came over to me and sat next to me.

"No." I bluntly replied.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I could tell he was trying to be careful, to not set me off. But even he couldn't calm my rage.

I couldn't take in anymore. I felt as though I was in third person, watching myself and Ashton. I heard myself scream, then raised my hand and punched the wall brutally.

"What the hell?!" His eyes filled with concern, as he took my bloody hand. "You're going crazy!"

"I already am!" I screamed. "It's too late to turn back now! I cannot do anything anymore..."

"Riley... You're..." Ashton seemed to be at a loss for words. He couldn't say anything, he just stared at me. I looked at him, confused. Then, as I felt something warm slip down my cheeks, I realised what was happening.

"Holy..."

"What did they tell you?" Ashton said sternly.

"Nothing."

"You wouldn't be crying if they had told you nothing! Tell me!" He shouted. After, a moment of silence was heard, in this period of time I was debating whether or not to tell him. He knew something was wrong though, so with tears pouring out of my eyes I decided to tell him.

"For fucks sake..." He appeared to be out of breath. He left my side, pacing around the small room and grabbing at his curls. "What is wrong with them?! Why did this have to happen to you?! You don't deserve this!" He looked back at my small, trembling figure sitting cross-legged on the bed. Something ran through his eyes, but it wasn't there long enough for me to tell what it was. "Please, don't go back..." He whispered.

"I have to." Another wave of tears ran down my face and I looked down at my hands, feeling ashamed at my signs of weakness.

"No..." He clenched his fists.

"Ashton..." I took a breath, trying to get my shit together. "If I don't, they'll kill him. I can't let that happen." Looking back up at him, I saw an unreadable expression on his face. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself, knowing that I could have prevented it." I stood up, slowly making my way towards his fuming frame. "You have to understand... Please..." He turned away from me, but I didn't have to look at his face to tell that his rage was growing by the second. I started to back away, but I was too late.

"I'm not going to let you!" Ashton yelled, spinning around, grabbing my wrists and slamming my whole body against the wall. Black spots started to dance in my vision, clouding my mind.

"Ashton... Please..."

"Ashton!" A voice was heard from what felt like miles away. Really it was just the other end of the room.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! You know what's going to happen if you go back there!" My partner screamed at me, ignoring the person on the other end of the room.