Epilogue

Dear Wilson,

Things have been rather different without you here. I know that it's been a year now, and I know that maybe it's time that I moved along with this, but writing these letters lets me express my feelings. Even still, I'm used to having an advisor that I can go to for all of this stuff, but I have a feeling that you're watching over me from up above, wherever that may be. I'll keep you in my heart, and I'll try to exhibit as much of you as I can.

Anyway, things have been working out rather well. Do you remember that old warehouse that we found a few months ago? It turns out that it was completely empty. Not a single soul inside of it, and we were far off from the nearest city. It was full of empty boxes and crates, and after moving those out we made it our home. We let Felix teach us the ways out the outside, and we've been so busy that I haven't been able to write to you lately. We had a couple of close calls, and a few days where a rainstorm flooded us inside, but we've been working at drainage, and things are running smoothly once more.

Do you remember that back room in the kitchen where all the plants would grow and we would harbor our livestock? There's an upstairs to this place with a glass roof, and everything stays up there now. The plants thrive in the extra light, and the livestock enjoy it. We're growing again, and we had our first meal together from what we have grown just the other night. It made me think back to the city, and I wondered how things would be had I killed M with all those chances I was given. My kindness and mercy only cost you your life, and for that I remain indebted to something that I cannot repay.

I try to live on without you here, without my veterans to guide me and shout at me. The soldiers are adapting well, and Conner is growing up strong. He took on Matt's position as the man finally settled down and the female soldiers leave him alone now. He's learning young, but I remember a cantankerous old bastard who helped me along just the same. I turned out okay I like to think, and I believe that Conner will too. With time and guidance, I don't see anyone stopping him from doing what he knows is right. Even so, I miss you quite a lot.

Felix has been a huge help. There were nights that I would awaken, screaming as I dreamed and re-dreamed up the same nightmares that plagued me. He was always there to comfort me, and he held me up when everything else seemed to drag me down. You were right, when you spoke to me before leaving, to keep him around. Ever since he came to the city and I met him, from that first night at the Grouping when we spoke, I wanted to be near him. Again, I must mention the cantankerous old bastard who encouraged these secret, against the rules meetings with this mysterious outsider, but I owe so much to that old bastard, and some days I wish he was still here.

Despite all of this, this family is running well. Things are in high spirits, and we find ourselves willing to explore new places freely, and we're taking advantage of all that we can. Every year about a month before we celebrate Christmas we have a celebration just for you, and we all give thanks to what we love. Mother mentioned a holiday like this to me once, a forgotten one that I decided we needed. I brought it back, and we give thanks to those who saved us and for those who protect us. This year, I will give much thanks to Felix, and of course you. However, with you there is one thing that I must keep between us. Out of everything that you've done for me, knowing that I can't change the past, if I could speak to you one last time, I would thank you for encouraging me to be around that blonde boy with the eyes that are all too captivating. I would thank you for helping me sort my feelings, and I would thank you for making him a part of my life, because you were right all along.

He really is a keeper.

Cry

~~~

Sorry its so short, but it was meant to be that way. Short and sweet. A little journal entry in diary of letters Cry would write to Wilson.

And that concludes our story, friends :) I have an author's note for you all still, a proper thank you and goodbye, you'll get that tomorrow! For now, though..

I hope you all enjoyed! I hope you have yourselves a frantastic weekend, a great Halloween if you celebrate it, and I will see you all tomorrow for my final words!

~Jay