30: The Plan

"We don't have to fight." Felix's words reached me as I pulled a shirt on. I turned to look at him, and he blushed, looking down at his hands. He had just pulled a pair of jeans and, and I grinned. "No, but seriously, won't fighting cause more problems?"

"Not if they're trying to do two things at one." I responded, putting my vest on and securing weapons into place. "They'll need a certain amount of people to move that bulk, that leaves little to fight."

"We could just get out while we can." Felix suggested and I turned to him, he was standing a bit closer, and I strode over to him, tilting his chin up with my hand. I grinned down at him, kissing him softly, slowly, and smiling at him.

"I love you." I told him. "But this city is my home. If I can defend it, then I will." I turned, tying my boots and leaving a frustrated Felix behind me. I knew that I was going to defend my home, but Felix wasn't making it easy.

"Out there is my home!" he snapped, and I froze, turning around. He put out his lower lip, looking ready to cry. "I'm so afraid of being in here, I don't want to do this. I can't, not when we can be free!" His expression broke something inside of me, and I stood, wrapping my arms around him and holding him close.

"We'll figure something out once we tell everyone, okay?" I asked, and Felix nodded. I kissed him ever so gently on the top of his head and swiped the pictures from the bed, heading towards the elevator. He followed, our fingers linked as we walked into the lobby. I noticed Covert immediately, sitting beside Matt and smoking a cigar, and his gaze flew to Felix, his expression falling as the blonde looked up at me, a small smile lighting his face. I walked over to Wilson, swallowing as he looked at me with a confused expression. I turned and beckoned Matt over, and we all disappeared downstairs into the basement. I slapped the photos onto the bar, and Wilson gasped.

"Is that-?" he demanded, breaking off and staring in utter shock. Matt frowned, picking them up and looking through them all. Wilson glared at me. "Tell me you're not conducting this." I shook my head, sitting down as Felix did.

"No, we found this when we went over to M's place. Its in his basement." I explained, and Matt inhaled sharply.

"We don't have that much time, do we?" he asked, and I shook my head.

"I'm on my way to alert the other leaders now." I explained, gathering the photos once more and hiding them away. "I called John, he's alerting everyone except Michael. Although the Grouping building isn't really a place of peace anymore, we're going to gather there and I will be bringing this up. We need a plan, we have to fight somehow." I ignored the look that Felix shot me, and Wilson nodded, a hand on his chin.

"Do whatever you and the other leaders think is best Cry, but promise me at least these things." I turned, looking at Wilson who stood with narrowed eyes. "You'll tell the gang tonight at the latest, and you'll work to keep them safe rather than the city." I stiffened, as he had spoken like he knew that Felix and I had just been discussing this. In the long run, I knew that he was right. This city was futile to be around if I didn't have my family with me, and fighting could easily cause problems. I felt Felix slip his hand into mine, giving it a slight squeeze to which I looked down at him for. He gave a small smile, and I sighed, nodding.

"Got it." I said, and we headed out the door. Felix and I's hands stayed linked as we walked out the front door, and I caught sight of Covert turning his head the other way in disgust and discomfort. He would have to get over himself soon. We quickened our strides as we headed towards the Grouping Building, and I swallowed, unsure of whether or not I would be able to convince the other leaders to fight while I stayed back. Was I staying back? Was that the plan? I looked at the blonde man next to me, who's face looked scrunched in thought and he shook his head softly. He wanted to go, and if he loved the outside like I loved the city then who am I to keep him here? I could save my gang, and we wouldn't have to worry about any harm befalling us. If they manage to foil M's plans, then we'll head back into the city just fine. This was a good plan, I decided, and as we saw the Grouping Building, there were several men milling around it, a single woman among them. I snapped my fingers as I arrived and motioned silently for everyone to enter the building.