Chapter 27

Alessandra's POV: we were walking home when I noticed how upset Sofia was. "Hey, how about I teach you a little something, ok?"
She nodded with a frown that slowly turned into a smile.
We were on a really sketchy street and it was practically a ghost town so I wanted to hurry up. I put the board on the grass. "Alright now first thing you wanna do is put your right foot in the front and your back foot in the back, now remember it's all about balance, so once you have the balance down, your pretty much set. She smoked with a giggle. Gosh how I loved this kid.
"Alright now let's try it on the concrete." She soon had a worried look on her face. "It's ok I promise I'll hold onto you the whole time." I say with a reassuring smile.
"You promise?"
"I promise." I'm obviously gonna let her go eventually, I mean that's what happens in the movies.
I put the board on the ground and positioned it right so she would crash into the wall. "Alright you ready?"
She nodded with a worried smile. I was surprised because she's usually a really brave kid, considering all she's been through.
We started to move and I let go.
She turned around and her mouth dropped open. "I thought you were-"
"Keep looking straight! Go nice and slow!" I was laughing with joy and Rory was barking with joy I'm guessing.
"Alessandra I'm doing it!"
"Yes you are!" I was so happy I couldn't stop smiling. As I was watching her ride slowly it reminded me of my mom. My moms the one who taught me how to skate, you know before she got sick. Doing all of this mom stuff reminded me of how much I missed my mom, how much I needed her in my life again. I haven't seen her in months, I need Grayson. I shook it off and grabbed my board and the go pro and started recording her. I got a side shot and I knew Grayson was going to absolutely LOVE it. We were going pretty fast and she was getting pretty far, way too far for comfort.
"Sofia slow down!"
"I don't know how!"
I probably should've taught her how to stop/ slow down. I was still recording and I was gonna stop recording when I heard a loud screech, like tires. I looked up and I saw Sofia in the grasp of a mans hand. She was screaming as he tried to pulled her into the blue truck. Rory was already there attacking the guy. "Alessandra!" She said with a crying scream. There was nobody around so it was just me and him. "Get off of her I said as I hit him with my board. He let go of Sofia and grabbed a metal bat and hit Rory on the side of the head and he kept beating her for 5 seconds. It was like slow motion. Hearing a child scream is one of the scariest things in the world. I grabbed the bat out of his hand and started hitting him with it. That lasted like half a second. He grabbed it out of my hand and hit me on the head with it and kept doing that until I couldn't fight back anymore. It got blurry but I saw Rory on my left side in a patch of dead grass trying to get up. I turned my head downward to see Sofia crying.
I faintly heard a deep voice that said, "Told you you'd regret it bitch!"
I mouthed to her,
"Get help."
After that it went dark.
Next thing I know I wake up in an ambulance, "hurry up! We're losing her!" It was getting blurry and I saw a faint picture of Sofia sitting in the corner crying before it went dark again. The next time that I woke up I saw Ethan with his mom and dad, Ethan on my right side holding my hand and Ethan's parents on my left side. Ethan's mom was crying as she held my left hand. You could tell Ethan's dad was crying too because his eyes were puffy and red. I looked back at Ethan and than I looked down at my body, full of bruises and scratches. I looked up and started looking around the room looking for Sofia.
Ethan squeezed my hand which made me look at him. "Sofia is fine, the police are just questioning her." He said with a sympathetic smile. "And Grayson will be right back, he just needed some air."
I didn't really remember anything until I heard the word police.
I remembered everything.
I started to have a panic attack and I could hear the machine beeping really fast. It went dark but I could still hear people, weird right? I could hear a bunch of noise, Ethan asking what's happening to her and Ethan's mom screaming/crying. Than I felt me being put on another bed and I fell asleep.