Chapter 20

Grayson's POV:
I was sitting on the couch when I heard a car pull up. I saw Ethan with Alessandra in the front seat, it looked like Rory was in her lap. I quickly jumped up and waited by the door for them to come inside. When they opened the door I leaned over and gave Alessandra a kiss on her soft lips with my hands cupped on her cheeks. She pulled away and her hands were on my face and she was smiling. "I'm so sorry Alessandra, I love you."
"I love you too Grayson." We kissed again for what seemed like forever. She pulled back and I looked up at Ethan to see that he was holding a little girl that had a big scratch on her face that was starting to bruise. "Who is that?" Alessandra looked at Ethan signaling him to take her to the other room. He took her to the other room and Alessandra turned to me slowly. She explained to me about what happened with her cousin and her douchie boyfriend. "Wow. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, is she ok?"
"Yea she's fine, she just needs to rest."
"What's gonna happen to her?"
"Me and my mom are gonna raise her, but mostly me."
"Alessandra you're only sixteen you can't raise a kid."
"Grayson I don't even have a choice, I can't take her back to that place, and I won't take her to foster care."
I just looked at her. I couldn't say anything. Than we heard little foot steps running into the room.
"Ally ally can we get ice cream!" Ethan came running in after her out of breath.
"Sorry I tried to put her back to bed but she slipped out." Alessandra smiled at him. "It's ok, thanks Ethan." Ethan smiled back and he quickly looked at me and his smile quickly disappeared. "Let's go get ice cream." I said as enthusiastically as I possibly could. Sofia was jumping up and down with joy holding Rory's leash, even though she didn't need one. We went to cold stone and Ethan payed for us. Sofia had chocolate all over her mouth and hands so Alessandra took her to the bathroom to get cleaned up.
As soon as she was out of sight my attention redirected to Ethan.
"You really think she can raise that kid all on her own?"
"I don't even know man." Ethan said without looking at me in the eye.
"I know you and Alessandra had something going on."
Ethan quickly looked up at me.
"What makes you say that?"
I let out an obnoxious chuckle.
"I'm not an idiot, I saw the way you looked at each other. "
"Well doesn't matter, she loves you so."
And Ethan continued to eat his ice cream.
They came back to an awkward silence.
"Wow did someone die." She said laughing.
Me and Ethan laughed too but they were fake laughs.
We went back to the apartment around midnight so Alessandra went to go sleep with Sofia in the other room and soon the whole apartment was quiet.

Opposite | g.dजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें