Sakura's Mission, Sasuke's Worries

Thank you guys for giving me 100 reads on my 6th chapter! As usual, I have updated this chapter and I'll see you guys next Monday!! Catch ya later!

Sakura's POV

I gently held Sasuke's clenched fist, he probably heard the rumours. I smiled and whispered,"It's ok Sasuke, don't worry about it too much," He looked surprised as I spoke. What's going on in your mind? I let his hand go and looked out the windows at the clouds, I'll be meeting his brother soon, I wonder what he's like... "Ms Haruno!" A voice called out to me, "I need you in my office...NOW!" Tsunade's voice bellowed throughout the entire school building. I sighed and got up from my seat, "Please excuse me Sensei!" I quickly walk out the classroom and jog down to the principle's office, panting quietly I gently knock on the door. "Come in!" I enter the room and stand by the desk. "You called for me Tsunade-sama?" I ask. She looks up from her files and hands me one, I open the file whilst she spoke, "We have news on a group of rogue ninjas, one of them has been spotted near the village gate, I'm sending you on a mission. You are to capture this rogue and interrogate them for information on their hideout!" I finished reading the files and nodded at Lady Tsunade. I left the office and went to class to retrieve my bag but as soon as I entered, all eyes were on me. "What did Tsunade want from you?" Everyone eagerly asked at the same time. I'm not allowed to say I'm on a mission since I'm not exactly the right age to, I only receive missions since I've been trained from a very young age. "I'm sorry guys but I gotta go somewhere!" I scratch my head and grab my bag. Sasuke gives me a suspicious look but I just stick my tongue out at him. "I promise I'll be back before the end of school," I whisper to him before heading out again. Why can't people mind their own business?! I head to the changing room and change into my ANBU uniform making sure I cover my face with a plain black bandanna. I got out through the window and left my bag in the PE storage room, no one has PE so there shouldn't be any problems. I jumped from rooftop to rooftop until I reached the forest outside the gates and began searching for the target's chakra.

Found you...

Sasuke's POV

I wonder where Sakura had to go off to in such a hurry. At least she's still coming over after school, I try to focus on the lesson but Sakura keeps popping into my head and I end up spacing out. I kept glancing over at the empty space beside me. Before I knew it, the bell rung and it was lunch. I got up sadly knowing Sakura probably won't show up to eat lunch with me. I flung my bag over my shoulder and head to the dining hall alone, "Hey Teme! Come eat with us!" Naruto called out to me. I haven't talked to him for so long... "Hnn" Naruto drags me along to our group of friends as I mope around. Throughout lunch, I play with my food debating whether I should look for Sakura, the headteacher sent her somewhere so it won't be dangerous... I hope. "Yo Teme! You know you have to eat right?" Naruto asks. I immediately wake up to reality, " By the way! The PE teacher wants to talk you next lesson!" He adds. I look at him in confusion, why does the PE teacher want me? I began to listen to the conversation which was a huge mistake... "Oh yeah guys! Have you heard the rumour? Apparently Sasuke's in love with Sakura!" Kiba announced. I looked down and covered my cheeks with my hands, my face is probably as red as a tomato right now... "Ha! Sasuke's blushing! It must be true! So... Any progress between you two?" Naruto questioned. I glared at him and hid my face again.. Why me?! "Guys, butt out of his business... Although this does sound rather intriguing..." Neji probably just stirred up the topic even more! Thankfully, the bell rung and I rushed to the PE department first chance I got.

"Mr Uchiha, I need you to check all the equipment is in the PE storage room, here's a checklist," Kakashi-sensei stated. "Um, why are you here and why do I have to do it?" I ask curiously. "Ah... Guy is sick so I have to fill in," He only answered half my question. "Ok... but why do I have to do it?" I ask again. "Um... Oh look! I have some files that need to be filled in, bye Sasuke!" He spoke quickly and shoved me out the room. Lazy ass. I sigh as I make my way to the storage room, flicking the lights on, I came across a bag. Hm, it won't hurt to look right? I opened the bag to find clothes similar to Sakura's. What the heck?! My mind runs wild coming up with theories to go with my discovery. Maybe she was kidnapped and stripped, maybe she was murdered and these clothes are just a decoy! What if she's an alien pretending to be human?! I hurriedly check the equipment and and rush back to Kakashi to report the bag. "K-kakashi-sensei! I found a bag in the storage room!" I say quickly, Kakashi looks up at me like he knew exactly what was going on. "That so? Leave it there, the owner should come for it soon enough," He says uninterested, as he continues reading his perverted book. I stand there, jaw-dropped. Am I overthinking things? Sakura might've just left her bag by accident, I still can't help but worry...

As the end of the day drew near, I began to believe Sakura stood me up but... she promised me! As I walk to the school gates, I notice a figure leaning against the entrance.

"Sakura?"