Chapter 2

>SooJung's POV<
Since I left my apartment I didn't stop listening to the beat and to repeat my lyrics. I need to do well! I need it for mom and to make my dream come true.
My dream is to be a rapper! I just want to make music. That's the reason I'm here and that's the reason why I am dressing like this.
So many of the boys here think that girls shouldn't and can't rap. But I'll proof them wrong! I may not be the cute, ordinary korean girl but I'm a f***ing good rapper!!
It's my turn now. There he comes: Zico, he is going to judge me.
He bows and so do I "Show me what you got... S.J!"
I nod and re-start the beat on my phone. I start rapping:
"Telling everyone I'm fine, hiding scars. I wanted to scream and give up. No, never! I start rapping, showing what I'm able to! Everyone, you can laugh at me but I'll still go home with that damn money!" (Please imagine that this was actually a rap. Thanks)
"Thanks" Zico says. "Shit... I should have prepaired better" I thought. But then Zico put the necklace over my head. "You did well!" "Kamsamnida (thanks you)!" "One thing! Please put the bandana down the next time!" "Yes."
He walks to the next person.
I exhale loudly. Omg, I'm so happy! Some of the people around me wish me good luck for the next round, some are just starring at me. I don't care about them, I just grab my bag and leave to get something to drink.
>2nd round<
I'm sitting in the waiting room.
Around me are many talented rapper
P-type, Basick, Ravi, Mino, One...
Will I pass or am I going to fail?
...
I'm one of the last rappers that is going to get judged.
P-type and Ravi failed... what am I going to do?
I'm confident when it comes to rapping but seeing that they got eliminated makes me worried.
I'm going to fail even befor I start rapping.
My name will be called out soon.
I remember the lyrics I wrote.
I learned them well but what if I make a mistake?
"The next rapper is S.J.!" A staff screams in the room.
I stand up and leave the room while everyone is looking at me.
I'm excited but afraid at the same time.
Please let me pass, these are the words that I repeat in my head.
An other staff guids me to the back of the stage and tells me to wait until I get called out again.
I hold the necklace in one of my hands and start to repeat my rap. Of course I check how I look!
I really do a good job while hiding the fact that I'm a girl.
>Loco's POV<
Okay, how did some of these people even pass round 1?
This one failed too and the last one only passed because of one producer team.
"Who is the next rapper?" "Someone called S.J." Tablo hyung answers me.
"Girl or boy?" Jay hyung asks. "I don't know... I gave a necklace to this person but I couldn't find out." Zico tells us.
Who is this person?
>SooJung's POV<
"S.J.-ssi, it's your turn now! Please go in!" The staff tells me.
I put the necklace on and grab the microphone he's holding in my direction.
I'm standing in front of the door that will open any second.
"You can do this SooJung!" I tell myself.
The door slowly opens, now I have to give 100%.
I step in the middle of the stage and bow to the producers.
"Hello, I'm S.J.!"
I look at their faces, no reaction...
But then, one of them says sonething. It's SanE:
"Zico said he gave you the necklace but he doesn't know if you're a girl or boy. So, what are you?" "WE ALL WANT TO KNOW!" Loco almost screams.
"Do you need to know this? I thought this is a rap competition and not some kind of high school club only 1 gender is allowed to enter!" "OHH SH*T! BRAVE!!"
Team YG is laughing their asses of while Loco looks at me like he saw a ghost.
"Okay, let's go S.J.! Show us what you got!"
I put the necklace around the thing that's hanging infront of me.
I take a small step back and the beat starts.
The 60 seconds are the most important ones in my life!
>Loco's POV<
'S.J.' is really brave...
Talking like this to producers and hyungs! Yes, I'm 100% sure that S.J. is a boy! A girl wouldn't talk like this!
Hopefully he raps good! His 60 secinds are starting now.
>SooJung's POV<
The beat starts I start to rap after sone seconds:
"I say my name and they ask who I am. These friends stabbed my back!
F*ck 'em!
I'm living my dream after coming back to live. Better remember my name 'coz I'm going to win this shit!..."
[please Imagine that this is actual a rap! ©® to me]
The time is over... ALL PASS!
I grab my necklace and put it on.
"Woah!! Where have you been all the time?" Jinu asks.
"I needed to ear money, there wasn't time for rapping!"