Boy/Friend? (Chap. 16)

Start from the beginning

“Well people change,” I tell her as I sign the paper.

“I can tell. Anyways you and Mr. Henderson will be cleaning and folding the towels we use for the teams.” That’s easy I tell myself. At least I don’t have to clean up bathrooms or something. When she’s done explaining what I have to do I head over to the boys locker room where this so called Dylan Henderson is going to be working with me for a week.

“Hello?” I say when I enter the locker room. No one answers so I keep walking through the empty locker room. Great this guy didn’t show up now I’m going to have to do this alone. “Hello?” I ask again. I turn around to go back to tell Ms. Carson and bump right into someone. Then yell.

Ahhhhh!”

“Am I that scary looking?” the guy I bumped into says trying not to smile.

I put a hand on my chest. “You just scared me for a sec.” I tell him. “Are you Dylan?

“Depends who wants to know,” he says raising an eyebrow.

“Angie Mathews.” I say sticking my hand out for him to shake it. He takes his out of his pockets and smiles.

“Dylan Henderson but I bet you knew that already,” he says still holding my hand. I look at it and he lets it go. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay, I’m hard to resist huh?” Did I just say I’m hard to resist? What is wrong with me? I start blushing and look away from him.

He laughs. “Well you are pretty.” I can feel my face getting hot again. He laughs again.

“You’re even prettier when you blush.” Great he noticed.

“I’m not pretty. I’m just Angie. Let’s get to work please,” I say changing the subject.

“If you say so Angie,” he says. “So how’d you get this awful job in the first place?” Awful job? How can washing and folding towels be awful?

“What do you mean?” I ask him as I follow him to where all the dirty towels are.

“Didn’t Ms. Carson tell you?”

“Yeah. She told me we’ll be washing and folding towels,” I tell him.

“Washing yes. But by hand.” She so did not tell me that.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes. Let’s get to work,” he says pointing to the pile of dirty towels by a big sink. I groan and feel like a week of detention is going to take forever.

“So how’d someone like you get detention?” he asks as he’s scrubbing dirt of a towel.

“For ditching. Stupid really. In the end it wasn’t even worth it.”

“Ditching?” he asks then laughs. “Badass.” I give him a weird look. He smiles.

“Why are you here?”

“Possession of drugs on school campus and having a weapon on me.” I feel my eyes go wide and my mouth drop open. I take a step back.

“Yo…you are kidding right?” I stutter.

“Why? Do you believe me?” he says trying not to smile.

“No…Yes…Maybe…” I tell him truthfully.

“I got into a fight with Cory Tanks.” he tells me. Then that reminds me of the rumors I heard about Cory having a black eye.

“You beat up Cory Tanks? The football player?” I ask.

“Guy doesn’t know how to fight. Don’t know how he plays football,” Dylan says shaking his head.

“I don’t know either,” I say as I finish rinsing a towel getting it ready to put it in the dryer that I’m glad works.

Dylan and I work together and talk about the sports in our school and how good or bad they are when out of sudden we hear someone come in but not alone. I stop what I’m doing and Dylan does too. We listen to them.

“I already told you we have to be a real couple if you want to see your son. If you don’t want to be with me you can’t be with him.”

It’s Daniel and Pamela.

“I’m already with you dammit!” Daniel says angrily.

“I want the old Daniel! The one who loved me and wanted me around!” Pamela yells.

“I’ve changed and you have changed too!”

“Well I suggest you either start acting like you do want me or if not say goodbye to Johnny,” Pamela says then it gets quiet. I here someone slam against the lockers and I run out to see if someone got hurt. I regret coming out. I see Daniel has Pamela against the locker and there eyes are closed and they’re making out. Her hands are around his neck and his hands are on his waist. I can’t bare to see it anymore so I run out.

“Angie,” I hear someone say behind me. I’m not going to stop because it could be Daniel. “Come back.” I feel him grab my arm and I turn around getting ready to push him away but it’s not Daniel. It’s Dylan. I look at the ground and close my eyes telling myself I’m not going to cry. I have to get over him. He has to be with her not me. They have a son.

“What’s wrong?” he asks lifting my face. I open my eyes.

“We went out,” I tell Dylan. “We well I mean he broke things off with me this morning.”

“Oh you’re the girl everyone has been talking about this morning.”

“Yeah I guess,” I say trying not to be upset.

“He’s stupid for breaking up with you,” he says.

“Angie,” I hear someone say behind me. I turn around and this time it’s Daniel. I turn back to look at Dylan and he lifts me face getting closer to me.

“I’ll do you a favor…but I get one in…return” Dylan says as I feel his lips against mine. He kisses me softly and I get what he means by the favor. He’s trying to make Daniel jealous.

*******************

So I hope you liked it. Comment and Vote please.