Part 23

Minhye's POV

"Well dear, you've got sprained ankle but it's not that serious. There's not much swelling but I'll bandage it up to refrain it from being moved alot and don't put too much pressure on your injured foot. I'll have to ask you to stay for atleast half an hour to have a cold compress for it before I let you go to your class." Our school nurse said as she moved about the clinic, grabbing what she'd be needing.

"Do we just come back for you?" Soojin asked and I just nodded.

"I'll be fine. Go ahead and eat, I'm not hungry anyways." I told them, letting them go ahead without me as Ms Yeongshin started treating my ankle.

"Ms Park, you can't move about for today if we want you to be with us tomorrow until Friday." Ms Yeongshin said, making me wonder what she was talking about. "Ah, it wasn't announced yet? Oops. My bad." Ms Yeongshin smiled guiltily before placing a pillow on my right foot as she elevated it and grabbed a cold pack from the table and placed it over a cloth on top of my ankle.

"What's happening tomorrow until Friday, miss?" I asked and she smiled,

"You'll all be gathered in the school auditorium later. I'll notify your teacher to bring over some classmates to help you walk. Remember, no putting of too much pressure on your right foot for the whole day if you want to barely use it starting tomorrow."

"Yes ma'am." I answered sighing as she left the infirmary to go to the faculty, I guess?

Has Yoongi replied?

I checked over my phone and saw his message.

What's your plan after getting his contact details? Are you sure you can face him already?

-Yoongi

Actually, no not really. I don't know what to say and I wouldn't even know what to do.

Let's talk it over tomorrow. I'll help you out. I'm sure you're still in dark about what to do with the contact number I'll give you. ㅋㅋ

-Yoongi

My heart fluttered, knowing that he was at it again, reading me like an open book.

"Are you a mind reader of some sort?" I asked and he just chuckled.

"Nah, not really. I just know you well." he smiled.

I caught myself smiling out of nowhere before getting into my right mind and pushing off some silly thoughts. I focused on what I was supposed to do and reread the last message Yoongi sent me, remembering what our school nurse said.

I can't tomorrow. I think we have some sort of school activity.

-Minhye.

In another minute, I got his reply.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. ㅋㅋ

-Yoongi.

What?

.

.

.

Jungkook's POV

I separated from the group when I got a text from Hyeri asking if we could eat lunch together. I bid farewell to the group, well basically to Minhye before I went to the cafeteria alone. I stopped in my track to take one last glance of them walking away in group, my eyes fixated on Minhye before sighing and continuing on where I was about to go.

"Oppa!" Hyeri smiled as soon as she saw me enter the place. It was noisy as usual and all chatters and buzzing distracted me. Loud laughs were heard from the freshmen students with some of their food spilling off their mouths. I shook my head as I took a deep breath.