Part 20

Minhye's POV

After sending Yoongi's text message, I looked over to mom who finally stopped crying as she took a deep breath. She must have noticed the pain I was feeling as well and tried to get a hold of herself.

"Life goes on, despite how much you beg it to stop." Those were her words that kept me going, no matter how hard it was for me for those first years in Korea... when my mom wasn't there and when my grandmother still was her old misunderstood self.

"Life goes on..." I started, sitting beside her as I took her in my arms.

"Despite how much you beg it to stop." She continued, hugging me tighter.

We shared a comfortable silence as we stayed in each other's arms.

"Honey," My mother started.

"Hmm?"

"As we said awhile ago, Life goes on right?" she said and I nodded, humming silently as I stroked her hair. "Mom's gone and there's nothing more we can do about it. Mom would have hit me in the head if we keep mourning for her," she chuckled, but if I know better, tears are falling from her eyes this instant. "While you're still studying, I'll take over the company but as soon as you graduate, I'll step down."

"I understand mom," I answered, smiling at her. She smiled back but it faltered when she sat up straight.

"Honey, remember you've been telling me about the perfect wedding you've always dreamed of"

"What about it?" I asked,

"When do you plan to have your church wedding with Jungkook ssi?" she asked and I laughed.

"Church wedding isn't for us mom. Civil wedding's enough. We're legally married. That's enough for the business right?"

My mom somehow looked hurt.

"Aren't you in good terms dear?" she asked and I shook my head.

"We're uh I don't know, friends now. Atleast better than before right?" I said, chuckling but she looked confused.

"What?"

"We hated eachother so much before" I shrugged, "but when we were forced to actually spend some time together, I guess we realized we could have been friends considering were both in the same situation. Young heirs and all that." I sighed, and she was left tongue tied, didn't know what to say.

"Hey, brighten up mom. It's fine." I smiled,

"But the church wedding you dreamed of, the white dress you explained in details to me, all the designs you had inside your head..." she muttered, but I stood up.

"Church weddings are for those people who marry the one they love, mom." I said "it isn't something for Jungkook and I."

She looked sad again but I wasn't promising anything infront of God with an insincere heart.

"I have to go mom, I'll visit you after school tomorrow." I said bidding her goodbye with a kiss on the forehead before leaving. I was infront of our front door when our driver pulled up and I got in.

I have a few time before I leave for Japan, where do you wanna meet up?

-Yoongi

The park you took me to before, would that be fine?

-Minhye

Be there in 5.

-Yoongi

I told the driver where to go as I hold the phone close to my chest. My heart's thumping and my hands are trembling. I want to know myself but at the same time I'm scared. I'm scared to know the truth that has been forgotten... the truth I thought would no longer be valuable as I took those pills.