Chapter 19

At breakfast Father and Uncle James tells us the Jones' goods  will no longer be allowed to be transported through our territory, seeing as there is a big shipment coming in tomorrow this will cause problems on a massive scale. This is onto of them not being allowed to cross boundary lines. 

Despite the war about to begin I still have to go to school. I spill my guts to Belle at lunch about the events of this weekend.

"All hell is about to break loose, isn't?" she asks.

"Essentially," I respond, trying to not sound too worried.

"When I see your brother or Tommy I will beat them. What a nasty thing to do," she says disgusted.

"I know, I slapped Logan and Tommy isn't worth it. I was so hurt, I don't understand how they could do that to me," I say getting mad about the whole thing again.

"Its because you're dating the enemy. They don't like it, but they don't know the full extent do they?" I shake my head.

"I am not sure what will happen if they do find out," I sigh.

"Nothing good."

"I have a feeling you're right about that. I'm meeting Killian tomorrow after school."

"Really? Are you excited?" she asks.

"Yeah, I am worried about him, just with everything going on between the families," I play with my food, not particularly hungry.

"I don't blame you, but he should be fine," she reassures me. I raise my eyebrows at her and she shrugs. The bells rings, we clean up our table, and head to class.

The next day I walk over to our park and wait for Killian. I sit on a bench and my right leg bounces up and down as I wait for him. I find myself worrying about him more often. I know he can take care of himself, but I can't help it. Is this love? If I think about him all day am I in love with him because there is nothing worse I could do than fall in love with my families enemy. Breaking my train of thought Killian walks up to the bench and holds out his hand. I smile and place my hand in his.

"Come on, Princess. We're going somewhere," he pulls me up from the bench and we walk the direction he came.

"Where are we going?"

"That is a surprise, but I have a feeling you'll like it," he grins with an air of confidence. Oh my this man will get me in trouble. We walk over to his car and he open the door for me. I slide in with ease and he shuts it behind me. He walks to the other side and climbs in. He slams the door and the car roars to life.

"Are we going to talk about what is going on with our families?" I address the elephant in the room, or should I say car.

"Nope, this is a date. Frankly I want to avoid our messy world and enjoy this afternoon with you. Is that alright?" he asks.

"Of course," I smile. We drive for about ten minutes then he pulls into a familiar parking lot.

"The Zoo?" I ask, shocked and he nods his head, "I haven't been here in years."

"Well neither have I, but seeing what are families do that doesn't surprise me. And the reason we're here. I doubt we run into anyone we know here," he says as he pulls into a parking space. The car's engine dies and we get out. Hand in hand we walk to the front entrance. Killian pays for us and is handed two tickets through the hole in the glass separating the employees from customers. We walk through the entrance and stop there.

"Where should we go first?" Killian asks.

"When I was a little girl I loved the lions. They were my favorite. I think that would be the place to start," I say.