Chapter 13

Emma's POV

Clink. Clink. I am asleep go away. Clink. Clink. I groan and roll over trying to avoid the noise that is keeping me from sleep. Clink. Clink. I roll on my back and look at the ceiling. Now I am wide awake. Clink. Clink. Where the hell is that sound coming from? I sit up and look around. Clink. Clink. There it is again. It's two in the morning. Clink. A rock. Someone is throwing a rock at my window. I put on my robe and walk over to the window. I open it and find Killian sitting in the tree next to my window.

"Killian, what are you doing here?" I whisper.

"Princess, are you going to let me in? Its freezing out here," he begs.
"That did not answer my question," I state.

"Let me in and I'll tell you everything," he says quietly. I stand back and he manages to slip into the window. He lands on the floor with a thud. I cross my arms and look at my door hoping that no one heard that. I shut my window keeping the cold air out.

"What's going on?" I ask with a yawn.

"I'll be brief seeing as I woke you. I need you to do me a favor," he asks. I nod hesitantly.

"You, your brother, your whole family need to keep to your side of town," he says.

"Our side of town? We always do... Why? What will happen if we don't?" I ask concerned.

"No your family doesn't. Hell you don't. Emma please promise me you'll stay on your side unless invited," he pleads.

"Fine I will, but you have to tell me why," I whisper, hoping our voices don't carry into the other rooms on this floor.

"Look my father and Liam say that your family has been crossing territory lines more than normal and they next one they catch will be made an example of," he explains. Made an example of... that means. I don't even want to think of who that could happen to. He places his hand on my cheek and it breaks me from my train of thought.

"Just stay on this side town. Please..."

"I will..." I sigh. I back out of his arms, knowing that he wants to be with someone else not me.

"Emma..." he sighs.

"What?" I snap.

"I just- damn, look this is rather hard. Please don't pull away from me," he starts.

"Why? Why should I? You kiss me then you kiss that girl. I'm not some doll you can play with when you have nothing to do," I snarl at him.
"Emma, I didn't want to kiss her. She kissed me. I told her to leave me alone and she has. She was drunk and so was I. Please she doesn't matter to me, you do," he says. Stunned I stand there with my jaw dropped.

"My birthday was today and there was a party. Your whole family was there. You weren't. There was other girls there, but none of them were you. I wanted you there. Frankly, you're all I think about." At this point I realise that he has taken steps closer to me.

"Look after what happened at the last party, I didn't want a repeat of last time. What I saw hurt me. A lot. We both know this can't happen, but honestly you're all I think about," I say looking deeply into his electric blue eyes. He brushes the hair out of my eyes. He gives me a questioning look and I nod knowing what he's asking.

He kisses me ever so softly. I wrap my hands around his neck. He brings me close to his body. He deepens the kiss and I lace my fingers through his hair. He pulls away leaving me in a daze.

"Look as much as I would love to stay and continue this its late. I'll see you tomorrow?" he says with a smile. I have the biggest grin on my face.