Chapter 4

The next night I tell my parents that I am spending the night at Belle’s. They smile and tell me to have fun. They have no idea… I thought lying to them would be harder for some reason. I make my way over to Belle’s. She greets me at the door and we go into her room. We begin to get ready.

“So, what is lover boy’s name?” I tease her.

“Rumple,” she smiles, “I talked to him today, he’s excited to meet you.”

“Good. Now are you ready yet or what?” I ask excitedly. She nods and we open her bedroom window. We shimmy down one of her old bed sheets. We walk out and down the street. At the end of the street there is a car waiting. Belle rushes to it with me following her. She climbs into the passengers seat and I sit in the back. The man that sits in the front is much older than Belle lead me to believe. He’s fairly attractive for an older man. He turns to face me.

“I’m Rumple,” he sticks out his hand. I take it and we shake hands.

“Emma,” I smile. He nods and we drive off. We all chat for a few minutes and I notice that we are getting closer to the north side of town.

“Where are we going exactly?” I ask tentatively, not wanting to spoil tonight.

“This new bar near Chinatown,” Rumple says. Belle stares at me with confusion.

“Which side of Chinatown, north or south?” I question him once again.

“North, I believe. Why, doll?” he questions me now. I look at Belle in shock.

“No we can’t go there. I am sorry,” I turn to her, “Belle, I can’t be seen on the north side. You know what this could do.”

“The families are in a truce and the lines are cloudy. You’ll be fine,” She reassures me.

“One sign of a Jones and we are out of there,” I say. She nods. About five minutes later Rumple parks the car and walk into this bar. There are people everywhere and a band is playing on a makeshift stage in the back. Pumple kisses Belle’s cheek, whispers in her ear, and walks away.

“Where’s he going?” I ask.

“To get us drinks. Are you ready to have fun tonight?” she teases and I smile. Rumple comes back with the drinks, he passes them out, and begins asking questions.

“Why can’t you be on the north side?” he asks me.

“Well thats a complex question, but essentially my father doesn’t want me here,” I say.

“You always listen to him?” He asks condescendingly.

“I am here right?” I challenge. He nods.

“Oh babe, I love this song can we dance?” Belle begs him. He smiles from ear to ear and they head out on the dance floor leaving me here. I continue with my drink, the whole time keeping my eyes open for a member of the Jones family to show up. I get another drink and continue to wait for them to return from their dance.

I eventually grab a seat at the bar. I keep drinking and waiting. Suddenly there is a tap on my shoulder and spin to see who is there. Its none other than Killian. I roll my eyes and groan. Hmm he is very good looking wearing a black suit with a tie that has been loosened due to discomfort I am guessing.

“Princess, I do believe you are on the wrong side of town,” he says and then orders his drink.

“Thats true, but our families are in a truce. I think I am good,” I say with a wink.