Chapter 11

I never realized how badly I wanted Killian until I saw him with someone else. Which is petty and ridiculous, but I couldn't help it. I wanted him, but now I realize that he has moved on. That he just wants to be friends. With that I scrape myself off of the floor and fix my make up. The pounding at the door stopped. I pray to God that Killian isn't out there anymore. Well there is no way to know without going out there. I open the door and there he is sitting on the floor. He stands up quickly when he sees me.

"Emma, look-" he begins.

"Killian, please go away. I really don't want to talk right noww," I sigh still slurring my words a little bit. He takes another step closer. I stick out my arm and push against his chest. 

"Emma, I am sorry, Please let me explain," he says. 

"I don't want to hear it, Killian," I raise my voice. 

"No, Emma. You need to hear this," he persists. I push him away  and like a boomerang he comes right back. I push him away harder. Logan appears at the end of the hall. He sees what's going on and strides down the hallway. He grabs Killian by the shirt and pushes him against the wall.

"Look the only reason I won't beat the shit out of you right now is because I won't ruin the work our families are doing. That will go away if you ever look, touch, or most importantly hurt my little sister ever again. Is that understood?" Logan threatens. Killian says nothing. Logan pulls him forward only slams his head back into the wall. Killian winces in pain and I gasp. 

"That question wasn't rhetorical. I asked do you understand?" Logan asks. 

"Yeah mate, I understand," Killian says through gritted teeth. Logan releases him. 

"Good, now you're going to stay the hell away from my sister," he spits at Killian's feet. Logan grabs my arm and we walk away. I look back to see Killian glancing at us looking so lost. We walk out the front door. Logan grabs my shoulders. 

"Emma, go wait by the car. I will find Father and Mother. We will go home," he instructs and hands me my coat. I nod and he turns to leave. I grab his arm and he looks back.

"Please don't tell Father. Please, I'll never see the light of day again," I plead. Knowing that if he had knowledge I would be confined to my room and not allowed to participate in the family business ever again. "Of course I won't. Its our secret. Just go to the car," he says wearily and I nod. I put on my coat. I head off to the car and lean against it. I knew this party was a bad idea. I wait a few minutes, and few minutes more. I finally take off my shoes because I am too tired to deal with them.

"Pssst, Emma," I hear a voice from somewhere. Its Killian's voice, I know it. I look around everywhere. Does he have a death wish?

"In the tree, Princess. Look I won't come out because today is not the day I die. I am sorry you saw what happened. I didn't mean to hurt you," he says. He's not sorry for what happened just that I saw it. Of course he's not sorry why should he be? 

"Killian, Please leave. Just leave," I say dejected turning away from the tree. After that I hear nothing, but the wind. A few minutes later Logan, Father, and Mother stride towards me. Without a word we pile into the car and head home. 

"Did you kids have a good time?" Father asks.

"You could say that," Logan says while I fake a smile.

"Did you two enjoy the party?" I ask and Mother slips her hand into one of Father's.

"I had a good time, how about you, honey?" Father says with a broad smile.